Chapter 8: "I love you."

I only saw him one time for five minutes after that when we ran into each other in the store.

Now it's Monday and school is today and I'm so excited because I get to see Carter and because I came up with a nickname.

I get up and put on a black push-up bra, a black tight t-shirt that makes my boobs look wonderful, and white shredded jeans. The white t-shirt fits me perfectly and says in bold white letters in caps:

CANT GET OUT OF BED

SEND HELP

OR WAFFLES

JUST SEND WAFFLES

I love this shirt. I put on black vans. I'm wearing a black thong. I leave my hair down and I brush teeth and grab everything I need and go bulleting out the door. I run to school and when I enter the halls, they're filled with people with their couples. I was a missing person and as far as everyone knows, me and Carter hate each other.

He's standing at my locker talking to Lucy and Ryan. Everyone watches in anticipation.

I stop, panting, and grab his shoulder, spinning him to face me. He looks startled and I crash my lips onto his. I can hear a noise of approval leave his throat but it's so quiet that I almost don't hear it. He grabs my hips and yanks me closer. I wind my arms around his neck.

"Let's keep the PDA to a minimum!" The principal says.

I pull away. Everyone is silent, shocked.

"I haven't seen my boyfriend since Tuesday aside from five minutes at the grocery store and before Tuesday it was Thursday and between Thursday and Tuesday we were over two thousand miles apart! I almost killed myself because of it! Would you care about PDA if your wife was here?" I put my hands on my hips.

"No." He frowns. "You went two thousand miles away from each other?"

"Yes."

Everyone gapes at us.

"How strong is it?" Lucy asks.

I flinch. "It's the most painful thing in the world. I can feel every movement he makes. It's terrible."

"So have you finally admitted your feelings?" One girl asks.

"Yes." I say, and I wrap my arms around his waist. He hugs me back numbly, but something is wrong.

"Now stop staring at us and go back to whatever you do!" He snaps.

Everyone listens.

I release the hug and look at him.

"You almost killed yourself?" He whispers.

"I thought about it." I admit, opening my locker.

He puts his hand on mine, frowning.

"Do you realize what that would do to me?"

His eyes are wide and creased with worry. He looks like he is in pain and he sighs, frowning.

"I know." I sigh. "I'm sorry." I lean up and kiss his cheek.

"It's okay."

______________

I don't know what is going on. I'm in third period, and my heart hurts, like how it did when I was away from Cole.

I'm going mental and my eyes keep flicking to the door. I'm in health class, too, because I was supposed to take it sophomore year in Vegas and I didn't.

Lucy is in this class with me, and so is Ryan, and they keep looking at me nervously.

What the fuck is going on?

My hand shoots up in the air.

"Are you okay?" my teacher asks.

"No...I..." I sigh. Even when I was at home and he was at home, I could feel it.

"Is your problem health related?"

"Yes."

Lucy and Ryan look concerned.

"Okay..." she trails off, urging for me to continue.

"Your only supposed to be able to feel the other if they're a hundred miles from you." I say. She nods. "But I don't...I-see I went to Maine without him over break and I could feel him and the heart pain and intense-" she nods, agreeing. "But he's here and I can still feel the pain. Why? I'm going insane."

"You aren't insane." She says. "I went to Australia when my boyfriend was in LA and the feeling didn't fade for a month. I spent every second with him. It only hurt when I wasn't with him."

I sigh loudly. "I can't spend every second with him."

"I understand." She says. "Here, what's his name?"

"Carter Harris." I say.

She raises her eyebrows. "Really? The bad boy?"

I just smirk. She grins. "Don't do anything bad." She says to the class.

She walks out, and I sit there, my knee bouncing, wringing my hands nervously.

What if he's hurt?

I hear the girl next to me get up, and Lucy turns around. She's sitting in front of me with Ryan.

"He's okay." She says.

"You look like you are going to be sick!" Ryan says.

I'm not, I just need Carter.

I hear the door open, but I don't look up, sitting there, wringing my hands.

"Are you going to be sick?" Ryan asks.

"No!" I snap. He smirks, but he doesn't say anything.

Someone sits down where the girl was sitting, and then a hand covers mine.

I look up. His brown eyes are staring down at me, and he looks relieved. The pain in my chest lessens to nothing.

I lean over and wrap my arms around him. He kisses my head and hugs me back.

"You know..." my health teacher clears her throat. I look up, not letting go of Carter, but looking at her. "I'm not suggesting it...but sex can help."

I tense, and so does Carter.

I'm not ready for sex.

"I think we'll manage." Carter says. His voice makes me feel so much better.

And then the bell rings. I force myself to my feet and I grab my bag. He follows me out the door, and he walks me to my class, giving me a long kiss.

"I'll be fine, okay?" he pecks my lips again. "Don't worry, cinnamon."

I smile and peck his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

He's going to chemistry.

I walk into my class.