Chapter 14: "I'm sorry for trying to die."

I'm kind of irritated. Yesterday was Thursday and its Friday morning. Mom came and woke me up and told me my inhaler came a day early. She gave it to me and sent me and Kyle off to school.

Now I'm walking into the building. My nails are painted black. I have on black skinny jeans, black vans, a gray long sleeve shirt that says "Make love to me." and then I have on a gray beanie.

"Roxy?" Lucy asks, surprised. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

In answer, I show her my inhaler.

"Now that your back!" Jake says loudly. He's that bitch that hates me cause I helped Paige. "Why don't we finish off?"

"Why don't you fuck off?" I reply.

"I'll never bother you again if you let Paige remain my target."

I shake my head. "Not gonna happen."

He pursues his lips. "Fine. Do to me what your shirt says."

I look down at my shirt in confusion.

Make love to me.

I look at him with raised eyebrows. "Did you just ask me to have sex with you?"

His eyes flicker over my shoulder at Carter walking into school with Ryan. His lips attack mine. I put my hands on his chest to push him, but it's too late.

All I hear is, "oh my god."

The next thing I know, my heart feels like it's going to explode, and then the door to school slams at the same time that the bell rings.

I snap his wrist and turn around. Carter's gone.

"You asshole!" I scream at him. I turn around and run after Carter.

I can feel his pain, and I see him wipe off his cheek as he flies out of the parking lot.

All I can do is stare, and then I start having an asthma attack. It's the worst one I've ever had because I'm in pain already and now my lungs hurt too.

"Okay," Ryan begins. "Calm down. I know he forced himself on you. Baby, where is her inhaler?"

"It's right here." She hands it to Ryan and I take it greedily. Right when I'm better, I take off running. I get on my bike and go flying after Carter.

When I get to his house I knock frantically on the door. His mom answers, startled.

"He's not here. He went to school-"

"No. He left because Jake kissed me and he didn't see me push him off."

"He's not here." She says.

I go looking everywhere he could be. I even go as far as driving back to Avalon and checking the cliffs, but I don't find him. The pain is so strong I feel like I'm going to die. It's three in the afternoon when I get home. Mom and Dad are home and everyone else. I go in the door and Carter isn't here. They look relived at the sight of me but they look worried when they see I'm alone.

Bruce is here. I run up to my room and collapse on the carpet and just cry, having asthma attacks very often. Everyone comes and sits with me. Lucy rubs my back and Rachel pats my hand.

I'm going to fucking kill Jake on Monday.

I don't stop crying until eight, and then I go looking for Carter again.

His bike is in his driveway. I go storming into the house.

"CARTER JAMES HARRIS!" I yell.

"Fuck off!" He yells back. I go storming down the hall to his room and everyone shows up. Clearly he answered the phone for his mother.