Chapter 12: She's going to be so pissed when she wakes up.

"This is crazy." Carter says. "Just two months ago, we were sitting in this exact same spot and we couldn't stand the thought of being together. We didn't think we would be together. We never thought we were going to fall in love."

I lean across the table and kiss him. "Yeah, I know. We also had a kiss ruined. I plan to gain it back."

"So I've been thinking..." Carter begins. "I want to know about your life in Vegas. We don't have school on Monday...can we leave after school and spend the three day weekend in Vegas."

There's a light in his eye, and I know exactly what he is thinking. "It's not all casinos and strip clubs." I say. "It's just like living how you and I do-"

"I know that." He says. "I just want to see you in your natural habitat."

I scowl. "I'm not a fucking animal."

"You know what I mean." He says. "So can we? We can get a hotel-"

"No." I shake my head. "I mean yes! Yes, we can go, but we don't need a hotel...my parents are sort of rich so they kept our house."

"Even better." He grins wildly. "And we can make it fun. How many rooms is your-"

"Five."

I don't miss the way his eyes widen slightly. His house is tiny and only two bedrooms. My parents own a casino that is also a hotel in Vegas, so we're kind of rich. I didn't tell anyone that I inherited over a million dollars.

"Then Lucy and Ryan can come with us, and Rachel and Ryder too."

"Okay." I grin wildly, excited. "I need more leather. Let's go."

______________

"Wait!" Rachel stands up, over excited. We're at lunch. "Your parents are millionaires?"

"This is the third time I've said it." I sigh, a little annoyed.

"And they own a casino?" she asks again.

"Forth time now, Rache."

"Do you know every single employee there?"

"Yes, and the secutiry guards are close family friends."

"So they'll let us in?"

I snort. "No."

"Why not?"

"Uh, to be fair, you guys don't know the old me. I've made small reappearances, but I wasn't exactly liked...and I got into a lot of fights, I broke into a store to steal candy, I've been to jail...I drank a lot. They would never let me in there."

"You've been to jail?" Carter looks impressed.

"Uh yeah...three times."

"Well can't we sneak in?" Rachel asks.

"It's risky, but yeah, we can, but if we do, they'll kick us our right when they see me."

"It's worth the risk." Carter grins. "Are we going to get to see old you? I'm intrigued?"

"It depends on what I decide to wear that day."

­_____________

Mom doesn't want us going, but she's going to let us. She's refusing to I've us the house key, and as a kid, she wouldn't let me have one because I snuck out so much.

"I've snuck in and out of that house so many times. I know my way around.

We're ditching school today, which is Friday. I packed a duffel bag.