Chapter 16: "We're starting our life Cinnamon

"Come on Roxy! We're gonna be late!" Aunt Macy hollers from downstairs. I grumble in response as I finish curling my hair and pull my red graduation gown over my head. All of my family, even extended family is here from both sides. Carter's family too is here too, and Lucy's and all of our other friends. I'm valedictorian. I'm kind of nervous, but I'll be fine.

Carter and our friends and I ditched prom and got a hotel instead and we just had fun.

I go downstairs. "Okay, let's go."

"No!" Mom cries out. "You're my baby girl. If you think I am not getting pictures, you are nuts."

I let Mom take a ton of pictures of me and then they rush me out the door.

I hate dresses.

We all get there and get seated. Carter is four rows in front of me and Lucy is way behind me. Ryan is two rows in front of me. Cody and Ryan are in the same row but I can't see them. Rachel is in the same row as Carter, four seats away, to be exact, and Ryder is way in the back.

"Now," the principal says. "Let's welcome out valedictorian, Roxy Lynne."

People clap and Carter yells, "I LOVE YOU CINNAMON!"

People are laughing as I head down the stands. We're at a baseball field. I go to the stage. I've got my speech.

"Hi." I say. I'm on the jumbo screen. I didn't let anyone hear my speech. I had a lot of trouble with writing it. "So...graduation." I say. "Honestly, raise your hand if you are terrified." Everyone does, and I nod. "Me too." I nod, agreeing. This speech sucks. I'm winging it. "I um...I wrote a speech but honestly, it really sucks, so...I'm not reading it." People smile. "So after today, we are officially adults. I know turning eighteen means you can do what you want...but this is different. Now we don't have school to take our weeks up. Our schedules are clear and it's terrifying because there are so many expectations for us. People expect us to go off to college. They expect us to move out of our parents out, and we're being thrown into the harsh reality of the world. Some of us are leaving the country for college. Some of us aren't. Where you go, just remember to keep your head up. It'll get hard, but hey, that's life, right? As long as we have each other, we'll be okay. I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life yet. I don't know what I want to study, but...I'll be okay. I have faith. Have faith..." I hesitate. "If you can dream it, you can do it. If you want to be a stripper, be a stripper! If you want a store, open a store! Don't let anything stop you in life, and make sure you aren't working just to get by." I hesitate. "You can't press the rewind button, so when you want to give up and go back in time, it isn't possible. Stay strong and um..." I shrug. "That's it, I guess."

I walk off the stage and let people cheer.

I should've read that goddamn speech.

I zone out for a while, and then they start calling out names.

I zone out, clapping along on command, but I snap out of it when I hear, "Carter Harris."

All of the girnat group of our family start screaming and clapping and hooting. "THAT'S MY CUDDLEBUG!"

Yes, I planned on doing that. He made me start my speech by blushing, so I'm making him get his diploma with a red face. He's grinning though as he shakes hands with everyone and goes back to his seat. He turns all the way around, locked eyes with me and mouths, "I love you, Cinnamon."

I mouth back, "I love you too."

He winks and turns away.

"Rachel Harding."

All of us start screaming again and she's blushing like mad.

I zone out again until Ryan goes, and then Marcus, and then I hear, "Roxanne Lynne."

I almost cringe at the fact that he said Roxanne. I hate that name. I stand up and almost trip. Everyone, and I mean everyone is cheering.

"THAT'S MY BEDMATE!" Carter shouts.

I'm blushing profusely as I make my way to the stage and get my diploma. I shake everyone's hands and the cheering doesn't die down until the next person is called.

And then Lucy goes.

"LUCY IS MY BEST FRIEND SINCE WE WERE FETUS'S!" I scream. She's laughing and blushing and then she shoots me a dirty look. I'm laughing too hard.

I zone out till Ryan goes, and then it's over and we throw our caps and make out way to the field. People are screaming. Carter spins me around and crashes his lips onto mine.

"We're starting our life, Cinnamon."

________________

Okay guys, this is the end.

I AM STARTING A SEQUEL RIGHT AFTER I POST THIS!!!!!!

Now, what did you guys think? Do you like this story.

Please comment and tell me what you think.

*hands you a bowl of popcorn*

You guys should enjoy the next story, I think.