1: I Need Sunglasses

Enjoy the book. Hope you like it🤩
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

And we're gonna be all right
Dry your tears and hold tight
Can't you tell I got news for you
Sun is shining
And so are you......

🌻🌻🌻

"Wow Jules. This painting is beautiful. You are becoming better day by day." Mom complimented my painting. A beautiful smile was plastered on her face as usual.

I returned the smile and said "Thank you" . You see I got my blue eyes and bright smile from my mom.

Everything was perfect. I removed another page and started drawing a picture of mama. She is beautiful.

Once I completed the picture , I turned around to ask my mom, "Mommy, do you like this picture?"

         To my dissapointment Mom was nowhere to be seen. When I turned back to my drawing, there was blood all over the page and Mom was lying unconscious in front of me . She had a knife stabbed in her chest and there was a puddle of red blood around her.
"MOMMY!!!!! WAKE UP......"

I woke up to Zara's voice "Wake up you bastard. I swear to God Jullian if you don't wake up I'm going to....."

"Chill out Zara I'm awake." I replied.

Zara signed in relief, "Thank goodness. I thought I was going to get late for my first day of college ."

I signed. First day of college. Right now I'm in college. I really miss going to high school. It was a lot better than going to 'college'. High school was fun. College is filled with full time studing nerds or full time partying jocks. Luckily I fall in neither of the two categories.

"Anyways, what time is it?"I asked.

"Well it's 6:15 yet."

"6:15?!?!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!
Good night I'm going to sleep." I said while covering my head with my blanket.

I have insomia and Zara knows that well. And sometimes when I sleep, I get nightmares. It's better not to sleep than wake up with sweaty palms and tears in your eyes.

Zara pulled my blanket. "Get up and get ready Jullian. We are going to the college dorms . We also need to wake up Connor or else that lazy ass will sleep all day."

"Fineeeee." I groaned.

I woke up and quikly got ready quickly.

Zara, Connor and I have been friends throughout highschool and luckily we got into the same college.

We reached the dorms and ran towards Connor's room which was on the third floor. I was climbing two stairs at a time but Zara was way behind. This bitch is sooooo slow.

When I reached the second floor, there was a loud noise. I turned my head to see where the noise came from.

There was an asian guy trying to unlock his room. He was wearing  a blue oversized sweater and ripped jeans. And there was a suitcase beside him. Apparently, the noise was of the bag when this guy dropped it while unlocking his door.

His eyes suddenly landed on me and he gave me a small smile. Beautiful.
I found myself taking small steps towards him.

"Do you need help?" I asked him. I internally slapped myself for losing myself in my thoughts. I wasn't even aware of my actions.

"Umm yess..... you see I have some difficulty unlocking this door. Can you please help me with it?" His voice was soft and husky. 

"Sure" He gave me the keys and I unlocked the door for him. The door was a little jam so I had to push it hard.

"Umm.... thank you!"

He placed his suitcase in his room and came out to pick the bag that had fallen from his hands.

Imma help this guy a little. So I picked up the bag and handed it to him.

"Thank youuuuuu!" And he gave me such a bright smile that my eyes squinted in reflex. Someone get me sunglasses or I might go blind!!

It was then that I saw a silver sun shaped pendant around his neck. Now I definitely need sunglasses.

"Hey, that's a cute necklace." It looked nice on him.

He eyes lit up as. Man this guy is so lively and full of sunshine.
A smile spread across my face. You can't blame me his smile is contagious.

"Oh this",he said while touching his necklace, " My mother gave it to me when I was four.Because it resembles my name Nikkō which means sunshine in Japanese."

A chuckle escaped my lips as I realized that I had been referring him to sunshine a few minutes ago and how it was actually true.

Nikkō stared at me in confussion. "What is there to laugh at?" He said frowning.

"Nothing. Just that it really suits you."

He bushed at my words which I found really cute. Aww. I had to refrain myself from pinching his cheecks.
Seriously cute?!?!Damn this guys is making me think wierd things. I need to stay away from him.

"I..... gotta go now."I said.

He extended a hand towards me, "Okay. I'll see you around."

I just shrugged and walked out of there. Seriously which college guy shakes hands. Thats... uncool.
From the conner of my eye I could see him frowning and it made me feel a little bad.

I saw Zara waiting on the staircase for me. A wide grin was plastered on her face.

"WHO IS HE???" she asked. Her eyebrows were raised in surprise.

"Dunno..... some guy....."

"No Jullian he is not just 'some guy'. He's a fucking miracle. He literally made you smile. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming."

Yeah she's right. I never really smile. But this guy, Nikko  made me smile even when he said nothing. A smile came crawling to my face as I thought of Nikko. Damn this guy.

Zara was staring a me with shocked eyes.

"Stop staring at me like that. Your eyeballs might fall out."

"Atleast I will lose my eyesight you smile!" Came Zara's quirky reply.

🌻🌻🌻

A/N:
Each chapter will contain almost 1000 or 500 words. Chapters will be short but there will be more number of chapters(22)
This chapter was 1100 words.
Hope you liked it.
Promise I will try to improve my writing skills.
Thank you for reading my book and putting up with this shit. It means a lot to me.
Have an amazing day/night.
You people are awesome.!!!
Love you all my lil (rainbow) muffins ❣️🤩