13: Home

"For it was not into my ear you whispered,
But into my soul.
For it was not my lips that you kissed,
But my heart...."

🌻🌻🌻

I woke up on a bed that was extra warm and comfortable but a little hard....... different from the feather soft mattress I have at home. I tried to move but there was something around my shoulders holding me down.

      Maybe it's another nightmare.

      I started getting visuals from my previous nightmares.

Mom. Paintings. Picnic. Blood.

Dad. Movies. Villians. Blood.

Nikko. Boxing. Hate. Blood.

"NO! PLEASE STOP." I screamed.

     A soft hand caressing my hair calmed me down. I opened my eyes and saw Nikko.
His eyes were hardly open but full of concern and love.
     I was sleeping on top of him with my head of his chest and his arms around my shoulders.

No, it's not a nightmare.
It is a dream. The best dream.

        I buried my head in his chest. And he tightened his arms around me.

      I love this feeling. I love laying in his arms. It's peaceful and soothing.

      It's true how people say-
Sometimes home is not four walls,
It's two eyes and a heartbeat.

        The rhythmic beating of his heart, the sound of his steady soft breathing, the feeling of his hands in my hair had a magical effect on me. And I found myself drifting back to sleep despite of the pessimistic, insomic demon inside my head.

~~~

     The sunlight seeped into my eyes when I woke up again after a pretty good nap. I squirmed and woke up Nikko in the process.

      Damn.... he looks cuter than a new born baby. His swollen lips, his sleepy eyes, his messy hair had me losing the little self control I had in me. I slowly brushed my lips against his murmuring a "Good Morning".

"How can my morning not be good when your face is the first thing I see." he said, making me blush. I was glad he didn't notice the small kiss or didn't push me away.

Then we just layed there for another few minutes cuddling and talking about random stuff.

"I really like being with you." I said out of the blue.

"Yeah. Even me."he whispered.

"You know we should start hanging out again. I really miss you. I'm sorry for what I did. But can we please be friends. Your so precious I don't wanna lose you." I said in one go.

"I was hoping the same." He replied.

I was happy we were together again but dissapointed that it was only as friends.
But something is better than nothing.
I need Nikko in my life. Even if it was just as friends.

Nikko signed before he started speaking, "There is this friend of mine who kept telling me that I should stay away from you because you were a highschool jock and slept with many girls."

"Is this the girl who was there with you the day I texted you and you told me you were practising for your play." I couldn't stop myself from asking.

His face paled when he realized that he had been caught lying.
"Yeah. It's her. Leah. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I just...."

"Do you believe her?" I asked.

"What? No! She just forced me to lie to you. Trust me I would willingly never do that. I just wanted to come to you. But she filled my head with negative thoughts. She was at your highschool and told me how you had a 'badboy' image. Told me you would hurt me in the end. I dodn't want to believe her. That is why I called Zara and met her that night when the incident took place."

I was content that he trusted me a little but I need to earn his trust. Show him what he means to me.

"Just know one thing Nikko, I like you so much that I would never intentionally hurt you. That kiss meant everything to me. I felt so alive kissing you. I've never had feelings for someone before but you are so different. I really wanna be with you." I said.

"Really!" Nikko exclaimed, "Oh Jullian! I've wanted to hear those word so bad. I like you too. And I loved the kiss . It's just you said sorry afterwards and I thought you regretted the kiss so I ran away. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry......"

"It's okay Nik." I said.

"Oh no! Really I'm very sorry. I should have had a talk with you. But stupid me. I'm sorry Jules...."

"Is this the part where I kiss you to make you shut up?" I said rolling my eyes.

"I-I...." Nikko just blushed. So I took that as a yes and leaned forward.

Knock. Knock.

Before we could do anything, Zara, Connor and Tyler barged into the room.

"Are we interrupting anything?" Connor asked smirking. While Zara just started screaming and pulled Nikko away from me capturing him in a bone-crushing hug.

"Sooo" Tyler said.

"Yes we are together." I replied knowing beforehand what his question would be.

Zara then took me and Connor in a hug and pecked my cheeks before she started blabbering, "You know we already knew that you had a soft spot for Nikko. The way you look at him like Mason looks at Corey. The way you flirt with him like Magnus flirts with Alec. The tension between you guys is ao thick like it is with Elliot and Lukas. And you guys are cute and sexy like..."

"THAT'S ENOUGH ZARA!" Connor shouted.

But Zara is Zara. And Zara listens to no one but herself. So she continued, "....like Jungkook and Taehyung. All I'm saying is that I'm so happy." Zara said pulling away.

Connor just put an arm around my shoulder, "Let her be in her fangirl mode. But just know that I'm happy for you. And I'm still gonna continue to sleep in your lap during night overs."
That's how Connor was masculine but sweet and soft.

I look over to Nikko and pull his in for a kiss.

"Okay guys it's final then. We five are going to my beach house in the woods for the weekend. Pack your bags. We're leaving in an hour."

"Aye aye captain." The rest of us said in unison.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Please do vote for the chapter if you liked it.

Also guys, I would love to hear from you— praise, criticism anything.
This is my first time writing a story.
I want to know if I should write more.