19:Love Love

When you lift me up,
I that I'll never fall.
I can speak to you,
By saying nothing at all....

🌻🌻🌻

           Today was the day. I watched the crowd that had gathered to view the WBC.
My stomach tingled due to the nervousness and excitement piling up inside me but also due to the soft kisses Nikko was placing on my neck to keep me distracted.

            The door opened to reveal Raphael.
"It's time." He said but stopped and turned around when he saw what he had interrupted.

"Uh-uh" I was out of words.

Raphael turned around.
"Let's go."

He lead me and Nikko out.
"You don't need to explain me anything." Raphael said. "I've known you for what— almost six years now. I can read you like an open book."

"You don't have a problem?" I asked, surprised by how contrary his reaction was to that of Matthew.

"Why would I? I also noticed that you have been doing better since you met him."

"That's true. I-I l-llove him."

Raphael gave me one of his rare smiles, "I happy for you."

And just like that, my worries temporarily seemed to drown.

I kissed Nikko one last time— in front of Matthew to show him how wrong he was— before stepping out in front of the crowd.

~~~

Three!
Two !

         I looked down at my opponent who still lay partly unconsious on the ground.

One!

        And with that the crowd started screaming my name, dancing with my posters —showing me their love for me.

          But I could barely hear it clearly.
         I was unable to breathe smoothly due to the blood coming out of my broken nose. My ribs and cheecks hurt badly. My opponent was pretty strong and had managed to give me some pretty bad wounds. However I was tougher and was able to bring him down.

         My vision was getting blury as I accepted the medal. I felt nauceous.

         Coach and Dad lead me to the changing room where a doctor was probably waiting for me.

          After the doctor worked his wonders on my wounds for thirty minutes, I was finally starting to come to my senses. I was feeling better now though the doctor said that I will have to go to the hospital to fix my broken ribs.

I looked around the room to find everyone looking at me with worry in their eyes and bright smiles on their lips.
However I noticed that my favourite smile, the one that was bright enough to light up my world, was missing.

"Where is Nikko?" I asked.

It was then that everyone realized that Nikko was actually missing.

"I'll go out and look for him." Dad said as he left the room.

"You did well today." Raphael commented trying to distract me.
I gave him a small smile.

I looked around the room getting impatient.
My eyes landed on a particular shiny metal necklace peeping out from under my couch.

"This is Nik's." I said grabbing Raphael's attention.

"Hmm. It might have fallen down when you guys were- uhm- you know" He suggested.