Safe

An: I just love shy!reader imagines so here's one for you.

***

You sigh and grab your clutch, taking one last look in the mirror before you head out the door. You shake your head, not believing your friends finally convinced you to go clubbing with them at their favourite club "Lux" you think it was called.

"Y/n! You made it!" Jessica waves you over. You fake a smile and wave at everyone.

"Look! You came just in time, their letting us in!" A girl you don't recognize points out.

The loud music blares though the speaker as you squeeze through the crowd trying to get to the bar, wanting to get away from the crowd as quick as possible. I would much rather be home with my cat and reading a book right now you think to yourself, taking a seat at the bar watching your friends dancing with random dudes out on the floor.

A couple hours pass by with you just taking small sips of your shot and frowning at your friends who are still deep in the crowd. Suddenly you feel a hand on your shoulder, you flinch and whip around meeting a pair of piercing green eyes.

"Hey beautiful, let's go have some fun yes?" The guy slurs clearly intoxicated.

"I-... U-Um no thank you." You fiddle with your bracelet nervously.

"Come on!" He urges grabbing your forearm trying to drag you off your seat.

You try to shrug him off but he won't go away. You sigh frustrated, you get up to leave but he pushes you back down and smashes his lips into yours. You jump back shaking, then a tall dark haired man approaches both of you. He smiles at you and turns around yelling at the man "get out!"

The man laughs confused "what?"

"I said get out!" He yells calling over the bouncer. He turns back to you cupping your cheek "you alright, love?"

You blush nodding, he was hot- like really hot. You look down at your still shaking hands and clench them into fists.

"I'm Lucifer, Lucifer Morningstar. Why don't I take you upstairs for a bit, you look pretty shaken up" he says gently offering his hand.

"O-ok, I'm Y/n L/n" You glance at your friends one more time and hesitantly take his hand. He leads you through the crowd and into the elevator. You look around his penthouse in awe, it's beautiful. You sit down on one of the many couches and he sits next to you.

"So what brings you to lux? No offence but you don't look like the type who comes here often."

You laugh nervously "none taken, my friends have been trying to convince me to come here for a while now. I guess I finally caved.

He frowns "they don't sound like very good friends to me"

You look at your lap, he's right they tease you about your weight and how quiet you are quite a lot. "Yeah you're right... I don't have anyone else to talk to though, so I stick with them. Better than nothing right?" You smile weakly

He frowns deeper saying nothing, your mind starts to wander to negative thoughts, did I say something wrong? Does he hate me already? He totally does. You thoughts are quickly interrupted by him putting his hand on your thigh "they don't deserve you as a friend"

You sniffle getting emotional "thank you, no one has ever said that to me..."

"He pulls you closer, rubbing your back soothingly

You felt... safe. "I know this sounds weird... but thank you-really, for everything. You make me feel safe. I know what's weird, we just met and all but." You cringe afraid of his reaction.

He chuckles, "no need to thank me love, I'm happy to help a gorgeous women like you."

Your face heats up, and you mumble "I'm not gorgeous..."

"Of course you are!" He chirps you blush even more hiding your face in his shoulder. He laughs picking you up, you flinch and look at him confused. "Your obviously tired, your yawning like every 2 minutes. You can stay here for the night." He insists

"Ok..." you mumble sleepy, yawning again. As soon as your head hits the soft pillow you pass out.