College AU

A/n: Hello again! it's been a month I know, I've been busy and I been having major writer's block but I'm back now :)

Fandom: Grey's Anatomy (Merder, Again I know but I just love them so much. Also Slexie on the side)

Summary: Meredith and her half-sister Lexie have just gotten into Med school, They're determined to be top of the class with no outside distractions... but when they meet the people that they are gonna be sharing their 4 person dorm with that might be a problem.

*****

"Yeah, we're settling in fine Mom... No, we haven't... I will.....Yes, I promise. Ok bye." Meredith rolled her eyes and hung up. 

Ellis didn't even bother to drive her and Lexie to their campus, she ordered them a driver instead. She wasn't surprised. 

"Woah! Mer you got to come to look at the rooms!" Lexie shouted breaking Meredith from her thoughts and she smiled She was really about to start on her first steps to becoming a real surgeon. 

She had to admit, there were pretty nice rooms for a college dorm. 

"I wonder who are roommates will be?" She pondered out loud, she hoped they could just live their separate ways, no need to get close. No distractions. However, as if on cue the sound of the door opening and people shuffling inside filled the dorm. 

Lexie rushed to greet the two strangers, but Meredith stayed behind. She decided to take her suitcase to her room and start unpacking as something to past the time. She was sure she heard an older lady in the main room, and she didn't want to get involved. 

Well, the mother didn't get the hint because as soon as she crossed the small hallway to the other bedroom she got yelled at. "Hello Dear! come closer I wanna meet you too!" the soft but confident voice stated. 

She jumped a little bit but turned around anyway, she was not one to ignore a Mom. "H-Hi Mam, I'm Meredith, Meredith Grey." 

She scoffed a little "no need for formalities, call me Carol dear." Meredith smiled a little and her eyes shifted over to the two men standing behind Carol. Well crap, why did they have to be such good looking! Especially the dark-haired one, Woah. 

The not as hot one cleared his throat "Well hello there, I'm Mark, Why don't you give me a tour? I'd love to see your bedroom." He said smoothly. She rolled her eyes, Meredith already knew what kind of guy this was and she did not have time for these games, and in front of everyone no less! She had med school to get through! 

"I'm sure you are perfectly capable of finding the bedroom yourself Mr. Mark." Giving a glare that told him not to push. 

The other man bit back a laugh and extended his hand "Nice to meet you, Meredith I'm Derek, Derek Sheperd. I'm hoping that we get along well." He gave her a confident smile that made her face heat up a bit. 

"Well, it was nice to meet you all, but I'm uh gonna go get situated" She waved before awkwardly walking back to her room. Well, that went perfectly, Great first Impression Meredith. She shook her head, It doesn't matter who cares what those men thought of her right?

*****

Derek watched her walk off, wow she was really pretty... No that wasn't the right word. Beautiful, She was Beautiful and she rejected Mark in front of everyone which was a bonus. He immensely felt a strong urge to get to know her better. 

He broke himself out of own thoughts and said goodbye to his mom and rushed to grab the room next to Meredith, for convenience purposes of course.   

He finished unpacking when the smell of something burning filled his nose, he quickly got up and followed it to the kitchen ready for the worst-case scenario. Although that was not the case because what he saw was something he had to stifle a laugh at, Meredith was trying to cook dinner for herself and He could tell by just looking at her she had no idea what she was doing. 

"Meredith? Uh, what are you doing?" He asked In an amused voice. She jumped not realizing he was behind her and nervously smiled. 

"Cooking... I think?" He laughed and peeked behind her. 

"Well you're off to a good start but I recommend that you try not to burn the food" 

"You think you can do better?" She raised her eyebrows. 

"No offence but my 14-year-old sister can cook a meal better than that. "  

"Fine, be my guest." She smiled slyly and walked off. 

He did do better, she silently admitted to herself as she shovelled his amazing food into her mouth 20 minutes later. 

"Where did you learn to cook like this? It's awesome!" Lexie commented and Meredith nodded her head in agreement. 

Derek smiled "My mom, she teaches everyone in my family as soon as turn thirteen." Meredith felt her smile fall a little, Of course, Derek had to be the guy who grew up with the perfect white-picket-fence family, her mom never did anything of the sort. 

After everyone cleaned up Meredith found herself in her room trying to block out the noise of her little sister and Mark giggling and being all flirty. She couldn't figure out what Lexie sees in that man.  She just needed to get through this night and then classes would start and she could bury herself in her studies and forget all about her dark-haired housemate. 

Her door opened suddenly and she didn't even have to turn around to know who it was, she took a breathe and turned around in her chair. "Wrong room"

"hm no, I'm pretty sure I was looking for a room with the Beautiful women inside." She laughed a little, not expecting it. 

"What do you what?" she asked in an amused tone.

"Well, I heard that Mark got Lexie to agree to drinks after classes tomorrow and I was hoping to do the same."  

"I'm not going to get drinks with Mark." She told him firmly, and He laughed out loud. 

"We could get our own table, I promise," He said Still half-laughing. 

"Fine. But on one condition, It's not a date it's just two friends going out to have a decent time. Deal?" As much as a part of her wanted to experience a date with Derek, She promised her Mother and Herself that she would not get distracted this year. 

His eyebrows furrowed, "Whatever you say, Mer." He smiled and swiftly left the room leaving no room for her to say anything. She might have just agreed to a maybe-date outing with Derek. 

So much for no distractions. 

A/n: P.s I will not be doing a part two of this but I will be turning it into a multi-chapter work on fanfiction.net! If you want to read more please find me at Your average Fangirl24 on there.