Safe, part two

A/n: part two of the safe imagine! Probably the final part :). Also, thanks for 40 reads already! That was quick! Enjoy!

-Kat 😊

***

It's been a few weeks since that day where you spent the night at Lucifer's and since then your life has really improved, Lucifer introduced you to Chloe, Maze, Linda and Ella and you've all gotten quite close. You spent a lot of your time at Lux upstairs chatting with Lucifer or reading. Sadly, you're already head over heels for him but, he clearly already has eyes for the detective. You respect his love for her, she is gorgeous, you just want him to be happy so you keep your feeling to your self. That doesn't mean you can't talk about with other people though!

You were visiting Ella on her lunch break, it kinda became a routine for you two.

"So how's you undeniable feelings for Lucifer going?" She asked with a donut in her mouth

You laugh half heartily "first, be quiet! Someone could hear you! Second, fine as always I respect Lucifer's feeling for the detective and want him to be happy and if that means he's with Chloe and not me then so be it." Your sigh looking off in the distance

"You should just tell him!" She exclaimed

"Tell who what!?" a familiar British voice quips.

You gulp "nothing!" You say quickly, obviously blushing. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, he could totally tell you weren't telling the truth but he didn't push you on it.

Later that night, you were upstairs in Lucifer's penthouse reading your newest book. He was currently downstairs "tending" to his guests. You gently close the book, happy with how it ended and started to wander around the penthouse, you didn't notice the elevator door open and Lucifer walk out.

"Want anything Y/n?" He chirped as he poured himself a glass

You whipped around "oh! It's you! Sorry I didn't hear you come in. I'll just a have water please" you smiled shyly at him. He chuckled, handing you the glass of water.

"S-So why are you up here? Shouldn't you be downstairs partying?" You asked

"Well I can't leave a beautiful girl up here by herself can I?" You blush deeply, rubbing your arm behind you neck sheepishly.

You open your mouth say something but you're interrupted by the elevator dinging a certain detective. You frown, you love Chloe to death but you and Lucifer were supposed be having a moment.

Lucifer's eyes light up when he sees Chloe "detective~! What a surprise!" He chirps

You smile and give a small wave to her. "I-I'll leave you guys to it I guess!" You say in fake cheerful tone. Lucifer frowns and looks at you and back to Chloe quickly.

"Uh, I can come back if I was interrupting anything" chloe speaks up

"No it's fine, I'll leave" you say with a hint for annoyance in your voice

"Wait Y/n!" He turns to Chloe. "Yeah you were interrupting something, that would be nice if you could come back later." She nods politely and goes back into the elevator, giving a small wave to both of you. 

You try not look shocked ask you walk over to him. "Why?" You ask hesitantly

His head tilts a bit "why what?"

"Why did you pick me over Chloe? Y-You clearly have romantic feelings for her" you say not meeting his eyes. He cups your cheek, making you look into his brown eyes.

"And how do you know that?" He asks softly, voice almost a whisper

"I-I...I don't know for sure I guess but just the way your eyes light up when she walks into a room or the way you look at her when you think no ones watching."

"Look Y/n, I have deep respect for Chloe she is one of my closest friends, heck we're pretty much family but I don't like her like that. I have my eyes on someone else." He says confidently

You nod slowly, knowing he'll never lie to you. "W-Who is it?" You whisper

"You" he whispers back and before you get a chance to respond he pulls you in for gentle but passionate kiss. You pull back to catch your breath, the smile doesn't leave you face for the rest of the night.