Chapter 6: First wave

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"The knights and adventurers are preparing themselves for the upcoming wave, the townspeople are caulking their homes... Only a few minutes left..."

Raphtalia: Um, Lord Naofumi ?

Naofumi: What ?

Raphtalia: No, it's just, well... When I think about how we'll be fighting against the wave together, I'm filled with an emotion I can't properly describe...

'Really ? The cliché monologue before the fight ? This place may be similar to a game, but ther's no respawn button here... We're fighting to survive.'

Raphtalia: I am so grateful to have met you, my lord. I mean, you have given me a way to live, you're given me a way to fight back against the wave.

Naofumi: We'll be in trouble if you die, so I'll do what I can, but I'm not sure whether I can protect you until the very end or not.

Raphtalia: I realize that. I will do my utmost. I am your sword. I will follow you wherever you go !

Naofumi: ... Yeah. Good luck with that.

"Come on, show a little more self-confidence. I mean, it's not like we didn't prepared for that.

 Once the timer hit 0, the three of us got teleported away, reappearing in the middle of a forest

Naofumi: We were teleported ? Where are we ? And what's that noise we're hearing ?

Raphtalia: Ah...

"Please... Tell me I'm dreaming !"

 Tell me I'm dreaming !"

"The sky... is breaking apart ?! That's the wave of calamity !!"

Our three "colleagues" passed us, not even bothering to look at us, bolting to the crack.