Chapter 8: Egg lotery

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Slave-trader: there. That should do it.

Naofumi: Hey... Are you really okay with this ?

Raphtalia: really ? What are you saying after all that ?!

Naofumi: No... it's just that...

Slave-trader: Nonetheless, I'm quite surprised. To think that slave would grow up to be such a pretty woman... You didn't killed her, and made her value go up. This is how a true slave master should be, don't you think ?

Naofumi: Hey now... What kind of person do you see me as ?

Slave-trader: I'm quite amazed ! Such a beautiful piece could go for at least 20 gold pieces, even if she's not a virgin !

Raphtalia: What ?! Right now I'm Naofumi's slave... besides, I'm still a virgin !!

Slave-trader: Really ?! How about 35 gold coins then ?!

Naofumi: 35 gold coins, you say ?!

Raphtalia: NAOFUMI ?!!

Naofumi: S-Sorry... I just didn't expect you to be so highly valued...

Slave-trader: Of course ! My judgment is absolutely accurate !

"Hey, what are those ?"

 "They weren't here last time

"They weren't here last time..."

Slave-trader: Oh, you have a good eye ! Those are the "front" merchandise of this store.

Raphtalia: These are monster eggs, Y/n.

"Monster eggs ? Are there actually people interested in such a thing ?"

Raphtalia: Well, those birds pulling carriages are monsters, aren't they ? You must have seen them at least once.

Slave-trader: these are 100 silver coins per try ! it's a monster egg lottery ! If you get a winning one, you might get a dragon ! that's quite the profit ! And if you buy 10, You get a chance to draw once from a box of eggs worth at least 300 coins each.

Naofumi: ... So this is like a compgacha, isn't it ? How can we know if there's a winning one in the lot to begin with ?

Slave-trader: That's unthinkable ! We'd never trick our customers or lie about our products !!

Naofumi: What's with that...

Raphtalia: Considering how much of the support money we have left, right now 100 silver coins would be a bit... What do you say ?