Chapter 2-1: One bitch, two bitches, three bitches...

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

??? POV:

"Seriously, why every single time that we find allies, they're either planning to backstab us or enemies in disguise..."

???: To think that you really were heroes...

Naofumi: Well, we've told you numerous times already, didn't we ?

???: That's true, you did tell us that... Well, this is nothing personal, but... For the sake of the world, die.

Naofumi: Why does it always come to this... ?

Your POV:

Heroes (minus 2): Really ?!! Are you serious ?!

Naofumi: *Annoyance intensifies*

Mirellia: Yes. Cal Mira island will soon become active. I would be most pleased if you heroes were to refine your skills there. Of course, this country shall provide for your transportation and lodging.

Naofumi: ... ? Active ?

"I suppose something like an 'event' of sort ?"

Mirellia: Exactly. Once every ten years, a phenomenon offering much experience occurs on this island. Many adventurers gather for it.

Naofumi: Hmm...

Motoyasu: How can you two not know this ?

Ren: Cal Mira island is well known for its institutions of rest and recuperation.

Itsuki: And the natural diversity is amazing.

"Yeah, I'm sooo very sorry. It's true that our first reflex while chased by an entire country for a crime we never committed in the first place should be to read some prospectus about a random island."

Naofumi: You've mastered the way of the sarcasm, haven't you ?

"I have a really great teacher."

Mirellia: A- Anyways, I'm glad that you heroes are so well-informed. I gathered you here today fro this very purpose. The holy weapons you heroes possess seem to mutually interfere, forcing you to do your levels separately. Is this not so ?

Mirellia: So in order to maximize training efficiency on Cal Mira island, I would like you all to exchange information here.

Naofumi: I see. Got it.

"Can't do us any bad, does it ?"

Mirellia: How about it, you three ?

Motoyasu: .. Well, as far as information goes...

Ren: There really isn't much...

'Where... Where did all that bravado just go ? They were all so boastful just a moment ago...'

Naofumi: 'rather than "there really isn't much", it seems like they're hiding something...'

'The fact is that we're used to it...'

Ren: While I sympathize with the two of you... Information is something to be collected by oneself. I don't have time to be peddling out to help people who will only be burdens.