Chapter 17: Rescue mission

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"Filo, stay down !"

Filo: Mmh... Master ? What's happening ?

"The situation just became kind of ominous..."

Filo: They're taking away the nice lord who helped us... ? But who is this guy ?

A dozen hours ago:

 "Good thing the people of the neighboring were able to figure something out

"Good thing the people of the neighboring were able to figure something out."

Melty: ... For sister to do such a thing... They must have known that we can't approach the town thoughtlessly.

"Even so, don't you think we'll be the ones blamed for this in the end ?"

Naofumi: That wouldn't even be surprising...

Raphtalia: Naofumi... Doesn't it seem like there are more semi-humans around ?

Naofumi: Ahh, now that you mention it.

Melty: That's right ! Around here... If it's the noble lord of these parts they may shelter us ! Let's rest until sister and the others go past us !

Naofumi: What did you say ?

Melty: There are many people that believe in the Shield hero, if it were those semi-humans who are friendly with you...

"Even if you say that, what tells us the noble won't let the other three heroes find us ?"

Melty: When the first wave hit Melromarc, there was a royal from Seaetto who passed away. The person my mother wanted as a right-hand man was a great person who was trying to repair the relationship between humans and semi-humans, but...

"Let me guess, a certain king and a certain first princess weren't happy with that ?"

Melty: yes... Ever since that person passed away, it appears that the nobles who had similar ideals to that person have, by order of my father, been demoted...

Naofumi: Did you say the first wave ? That means...

Raphtalia: Yes, it is exactly as you guessed... The village in which I lived was the one under the protection of the noble of Seaetto.

"... What a coincidence..."

Melty: I heard that after that rioters came and caused a horrible spectacle.

Raphtalia: Rioters... Yes, that's right... The people who attacked my village were soldiers of this country, disguised as rioters ! And by those people I was sold as a slave...