Chapter 21: Koreha...

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

The moment Judgement, hit, the sheer pressure alone was enough to obliterate the first of three barriers.

"Gh... D... DAMMIT !! What's with that power ?!!"

Pope: This is the power bestowed by God, something that you demons cannot even begin to comprehend.

Soon, it was the second barrier that broke down, leaving only one to protect everyone.

"I... I'M NOT GOING DOWN LIKE THIS !!! [HIGHWAY STAR] MAGIC ABSORPTION !!!"

Four lines were shot from my staff, drawn to the strongest sources of magic around me, wrapping themselves around the four heroes' holy weapons, absorbing their power.

Motoyasu: What's that ?! H- Hey, let go of me !!

Naofumi: Stop struggling if you don't want to die !!

Empowered by the four holy heroes' strength, I was finally able to properly hold back that Judgement.

"G- Good ! If this keep up, we'll be safe !"

Pope: My, my, Staff demon. For you to hold it on your own like that, this is quite impressive indeed. But sadly, not enough.

My mistake, was to focus all my power into that barrier, leaving myself completely open to other attacks, something that pope understood right away.

I was confident I could stop the attack, until I took his attack square and fair in my back. Staggered by the shock, I momentarily lost my focus, allowing this to happen...

 This crack's apparition was followed by a giant white light completely filling my vision field, and everything went silent

"H- Hey... Where am I ? What happened ?! Where are Naofumi and the others ?"

???: Pathetic...

"Who's there ?! Show yourself !"

???: To think that you've fallen so low you'd be exterminated by such low-class magic... Truly pathetic.

"I don't know where or who you are, but you better tell me what's going on !"

???: Who am I... Does not hold any sort of importance at the moment. What IS important is what YOU will do now.

"What to do ? Hey, you saw it yourself, that bastard attacked me from behind. I've failed to protect everyone, and now we're all dead."