15.

Beating Hearts

"So what exactly is Owen doing?" I say before I open a barometrically controlled door. Earlier, I'd taken the hand of a guard that had attacked me and removed it from his body. It was becoming quite handy in our attempts to find the cowering bítch.

"He's making sure the pilot doesn't do anything stupid,"

"Like die?" I smirk, "Don't start, Megan," Deckard smiles, knowing full well that Owen was just playing lackey, before placing the severed hand on the scanner and opening the silent door. It pulled back to reveal a nervous Cipher.

"You're out of bullets, Megan," she tries to remain calm as we both enter. Two hungry tigers circling their prey. Deckard putting the baby carrier down near the door as we took calculated steps forward.

"Isn't going to stop me from beating you to death with my fists," I say with a sickly smile. My head tilting slightly left as I watch her breath get caught in her throat at my threat. She then noticed as Deckard pulled his pistol from his waist band. Fully loaded and a bullet waiting eagerly in the chamber.

"How did you find me?" I could tell she was stalling, trying to think of some imaginable way out of this. I let her think. I wanted her to believe she could escape, right until the last moment where I would happily prove her just how futile her escape attempt will be.

Her eyes widening slightly as Deckard pulls the necklace that meant so much to Toretto free from his pocket. "You're slacking Blondie. I thought you were meant to be the notorious, Cipher. Looks to me like you're just a scared little girl." Her cold eyes snapping to me as I taunted.

This woman was dead from from the second she touched my man, back in Mr.Nobody's warehouse a few days ago after throwing her special little concussion grenades.

"Do you see me cowering, little girl?" she glared at me before addressing the tracker that had been placed inside the necklace, "He's resourceful. I'll give him that,"

"You've got a lot to answer for, Cipher. What you've put my family through." I roll my eyes when he mentions his mother. She had three children, the woman could at least be grateful that they're all alive, "My mother. I'm gonna make sure that never happens again. To anyone."

"There is only one flaw in you're plan," She smirked

"Woman, there were multiple flaws in our plan. But, there are many more in yours," I smile as I step closer to her, "Like the fact that I'm the one in the room who's just stole your parachute,"

Shít.

I see the flaw in my plan the second her calculating eyes settle on the parachute I'm holding up teasingly.

Fúck.

I only have time to brace my coiled muscles as she opens the hatch beside me.

Bóllocks.

I only have a second for my eyes to meet Deckards horrified face. Less than a second for my heart to skip a beat at the fact that I was being sucked out the plane. The force almost giving me whiplash as I disappear out the hatch. My breathe caught in my throat at the fact I was now free falling. 

Cipher lunging after me, her body colliding with mine as we tumble through the air.

The large plane continuing on its route in the sky as we free fall to the fast approaching ground.

"Get you filthy hands off me!" I spit, pulling harshly on Ciphers dread-locks as she bites my hand in hopes of letting go of the parachute, "RABIES!" I almost laugh as I hit her over the head with my elbow, her teeth releasing my flesh and the blood smearing over her face as the wind kicks up around us.

I wrestle with her, punching and kicking as best I can as we spin uncontrollably through the air.

It was hard to land a solid punch when there wasn't anything to push off... like the floor.

"Why won't you hurry up and die already!" I grit my teeth in concentration as she headbutts me. My vision flashing white for a second as my head snaps back. It's a moment she needs when suddenly she grabs my shoulders and swings both her feet up to meet my chest. Kicking me harshly away from her as she rips the parachute from my bleeding hand.

Within seconds, shes attached the parachute and has the chord pulled whilst I continue to free fall!

I couldn't stop the scream that emitted from my mouth as I passed through the clouds and watched as the ocean beneath me became a daunting target. A few miles to my left, I could see land. Exactly where Cipher would be heading with her parachute.

I had to think fast. Taking a deep needed breath, I tried to settle my racing heart. It beating erratically in my chest. A cadge containing a frightened bird as it desperately tried to break free.

I was going to die.

The last thing I ever wanted Deckard to remember me by was having blood splattered across my face as I butchered a group of grown men. He needed sweet nothings whispered in his ear and a chance to say goodbye. Not unfinished promises and a lasting image of me falling out of a plane. I know what he's like. He'll blame himself for this. He'll never forgive himself for not somehow exchanging places with me. This moment will torture him every time he closes his eyes. He'll just see me, and a very large opening in a plane that pulls me out into the abyss, no matter what he does.

The wind whipped my hair around my face, pulling and tugging at my suit as I plummeted at high speed towards the water. My teeth chattering in fear as I began untying the laces on my boots and slipping them from my feet. My weapons belt the next thing to be un-clipped as I began praying this ridiculous plan would work.

I needed to break the water. Waves wouldn't cut it. The shoes and utility belt would have to do to avoid compression injuries when I hit the water. I thrust the items ahead of my falling body. Watching as they were swallowed by the deep, dark, water. The ripples they caused not as large as I would have liked.  Now, I just had to hope and pray to whatever gods existed that the force of my body wouldn't break my ankles, then my knees, before dislocating my hips as my body was crushed under itself when I hit the water.

"One."

I counted. Taking another deep breath as I wagered just how unlikely this plan was to work.

"Two."

You don't just jump out of a plane from 15 000 feet without a parachute and come out with a few bruises.

"Three."

I squeezed my eyes shut. And hoped.