27.

Anarchy

"We need to find a place to off the grid," Hobbs started as soon as the couple was back within earshot.

Megan was sure if she rolled her eyes any harder, she might see her brain.

"Where?" Hattie breathed. Her resolve diminished as she stared between her brother and Hobbs, "We're wanted all over the world and Brixton won't stop. We can't risk millions of people. I told you on the plane we should have gone with option one,"

"Okay," Megan said a little too cheerfully before pulling out her pistol she had hidden and pressed the cold metal against Hattie's temple.

"Megan what the bloody hell do you think you're doing!" Deckard shouted. Lunging for the gun but she sidestepped him and appeared on the other side of the blonde woman.

"Are you sure?" Megan offered.

"Yes,"

"NO!" Both the men shouted. Hobbs attempting to make a move for the gun but he stopped once Megan brought out the switchblade from seemingly nowhere and held it against his jugular.

"Oh, you have no idea how tempting this is, sweetpea," she cooed as she moved the blade against his neck so that it drew a small amount of dark, crimson, blood.

"It's done, Deckard,"

"It's not, Hattie."

Megan's arm starting to shake slightly from the pain in her back. Her muscles screaming at her for holding what used to be a natural position for such a period of time. Megan cursed as she dropped the switchblade back into her waistband and placed her now freehand on the butt of the pistol to endure it didn't slip from the blonde's temple. Hobbs backing away as he lifts a hand to see the damage the maniac had caused.

"It's done,"

"It's not done!" Deckard pleaded with his younger sister.

"We're done," Megan grumbled as she lowered her gun and took a step back. Leaning against the bonnet of her jeep and she tried to massage her back free from the pain.

"It's not done!" Deckard spat as he sent a glare to his wife and stepped up into his sisters face, "Look at me. Remember what you used to say as kids, 'it's never over till it's over'. We used to laugh about it, remember that?"

"I think you'll find, it never over till I say it's over," Hattie corrected him, "It's over,"

"Yeah, that was it," Megan could see Deckard trying his hardest not to cry. It broke her heart to see him hurting. He had wanted to rekindle the friendship he had with his sister for years, but he never did. Ashamed of what he was framed for and too scared for her to reject him. It was easier to keep her safe and let her live her own life than for her to be involved in his.

"Say it now. Say it. Remember who we are," His eyes lifted to meet Megan's. Hattie turning to face the woman who was obviously in agony, "We're the Shaw family."

"And we never. Never, never give up,"

"We've got a day," Megan said lowly. Moving from her position to pull Hattie into her loose embrace. One of her hands finding her husbands as they pull apart to think of a plan.

"I have somewhere we could stay low for a while," Megan offered, "It's off the grid, far far away from anyone."

"And I'm sure I can ring someone who could help me through fixing this whack job machine you've smashed," she smirks.

"I know someplace," Hobbs interrupts,

"Dude!" Megan snapped. Turning to face the man, "Can't you see we were having a moment, you fúcking wanker,"

"It's the last place I ever wanna go,"

"Count me in! Someplace you don't want to go, I'm going," Megan grunted, "Maybe then you'll leave us the fúck alone,"

"Home," he swallowed.

Megan could see Hattie was feeling sympathetic towards Hobbs, but Megan just couldn't find it in her to shed a tear for the guy. She wasn't sure if it was spending the years behind bars with the man or she really didn't give a flying fúck about him. Once again her eyes were rolling at the dramatics of it all.

"And where the bloody hell is that?" she snapped.

"Camoa," he cleared his throat. His eyes looking at his shoes before up at Hattie.

"Why does this require getting back on another fúcking plane!" Megan hissed. Her anger rising at the fact that her safe house was a few hours drive away and she was confident she could fix the machine that they had butchered herself.

***
A/N: I just couldn't get this scene right for some reason. I did try, and have re written it many times but there's something not sitting right with this.

Any suggestions?