25.

Allodynia

Later that evening, after bundling Hattie into a car with Margarita to be hand-delivered to Brixton, Megan and Deckard were preparing for what was to come next. Hobbs having wandered off into his own little world to contact the air marshall Dinkley. Something about needing a jet?

She couldn't give two shíts about what the boulder was wandering off to do. All she cared about, was Deckard getting out of this ridiculous mission alive.

"I love you," She murmured against his chest as he pulled his wife in for a tight hug. Her cheek squished up against his strong chest, listening to his heartbeat steadily within its cadge as she held onto him as if his life depended on it.

"I know," Deckard smirked. Pulling her head quickly from his chest to glare at him. Her predatory eyes narrowing at him,

"Isn't that the part where you're meant to tell me that you love me too? Or have I hit my head recently?" she grumbled. Hating that Deckard was beginning to crack a smile as he places his lips against her plump ones.

"Of course I love you," He chuckles as he pulls her close. Both of them rolling around on the grand bed beneath them. They had both moved off to the secluded bedrooms of the mansion to have a little time to themselves before they shipped out. They would be tracking Hattie but they needed to wait a few hours before she would be moving from the collection point.

"You better," Megan mumbled as she moved from his grip and rested her head on the plush pillows. Deckard crawling over her, planting a delicate kiss on her nose that scrunched up as he did so before lying down and resting his head on her stomach. Listening to the silence and each others breathing.

Both of them too stubborn to say goodbye, just in-case it was the last. But they were content with basking in the presence of the other. No words needing to be said as Deckard took his wife hand in his from his position and began tracing his thumb over her knuckles.

She was exhausted. All this drama was something she tended to avoid in her life. Everything happening recently having taken all the energy she usually used on complaining about her aches and pain had even been depleted. She just was too tired for all of this. She didn't want to retire from the field completely, she needed to keep busy doing something, but the pain she often had from her injuries was still unbearable at times if she pushed herself. She knew that she'd be aching if she did anymore today... or this month. All Megan wanted was to sit back and let someone else deal with all the shít for once. Was that too much to ask for?

"This is a suicide mission," she whispered. Biting down on her lip nervously as Deckard lifted his head from her stomach and turned over, slowly crawling up her body until he rested his weight on his forearms on either side of her head. His hips resting against her own between her powerful legs. His lips tracing the delicate skin at the crook of her neck before whispering against her ear. The hairs on her neck standing to attention,

"Only if I die," nipping at her earlobe as he then whispered sweet nothings into her ear. Her breaths coming in hungry pants as she quickly began undressing her husband. Pulling his shirt over his head as his hands began wandering under her own top. Calloused fingers tracing delicately along the canvas of her skin, tracing stretch marks and previous stab wounds long since scarred over. Fingers digging deeply into each other's skin as they continued on their well-practised dance. They knew exactly how to make the other scream, gasp and shake beneath them. Whispering promises and loving words against her scarred stomach, her wicked grin making him smile as she then overpowered him. Devouring each other hidden deep in the belly of the Russian mansion.

***

Deckard appeared to have a spring in his step as he suited up in his Halo suit and made his way outside to join Hobbs. Smirking, accompanied with a wink, at the other bloke as he took his gun and strapped it over his shoulder from his wife. Megan, seemingly having a small grimace on her face as she moved. Her old injuries flaring up and a good strong dose of pain killers calling her name.

"Good luck idiots," she smiled, kissing Deckard's cheek before he closed his visor and headed to the jet on the clearing before them.

"Don't do anything stupid!" He called over his shoulder, sending Megan a playful wink as he climbed the rungs of the ladder to get into his seat.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Cupcake," she chuckled before turning and striding into the elaborate building behind her.

"Cupcake?" Hobbs chuckles, smiling at the man sat beside him.

"Shut the fúck up man,"