26.

Nociception

Well... Megan thought as she drove the large jeep toward the collapsing building. 

She had followed the boys out to their location on a separate jet because she knew that staying in Russia was not going to solve any issues that would occur.

Such as the grand chase that was a penultimate occurrence with these two bald twáts... and the destruction of the Eteon biotech facility in Ukraine.

Looking at her phone, Megan easily calculated the quickest route to find Hattie. Find her, find her husband and get the fúck out of here. The tires racing across the loose gravel towards an abandoned building as the earth still rumbled from the demolishment of the refurbished powerplant a few miles away.

She just couldn't leave them alone for two minutes without them breaking something.

Driving around the area once more to check for any tails, Megan quickly drives the large vehicle into the open courtyard the small group had decided to rest in.

Years of natural overgrowth creeping and climbing over the remaining ghosts of the building and vehicles that had been abandoned years beforehand. The tall grass dancing in the wind and dirt scattering under the rubber tyres as she brought the beast to a halt.

Throwing her door open and flicking her brunette ponytail over her shoulder as she grinned wickedly at the dishevelled group.

"Sorry I'm late bítches," Megan purred as she noticed the crushed truck beside her, "Nice getaway," she nodded towards the smoking vehicle and jumped out of her own, fully functioning jeep.

"Need a ride?" Her sharp teeth on full display as she smiled. Her mind currently still racing from the tablets she'd taken when the plane had begun it's descent half an hour ago.

"How high are you?" Hobbs winces as he watches Megan jump down from the large jeep and bounce into the boot to retrieve a bag of bottled water and snacks for the group to replenish on as they recovered from their obvious fast-paced pursuit.

She launches the heavy black bag at Hobbs who easily catches it. A small frown creeping onto her face that it didn't hit him or cause some damage.

"Stop being a Betty buzzkill!" She pouts as she skips over to her husband's side and kisses him on the cheek in greeting. Deckard snaking an arm around her waist and pulling her loosely into his side, planting a tender kiss to her slightly sweating temple.

"No, what are you on?"

"Dectroamphetamine," She sighs, moving from Deckard's hold, his hand trailing down her arm and clinging to her fingertips as long as he could before she moved too far away from him to reach, "Adderall. Adderall you dipshit," she clarified having seen his confused eyebrow raise.

All three of the Eteon escapees raising their eyebrows at the swinging mood of the temperamental woman.

"You idiots have dragged me on numerous planes in the last few hours, so under no circumstances am I reigning in my inner bítch, because I can guarantee whatever comes out of one of your idiotic mouths in thirty seconds will require getting on another death trap," She mutters as she begins rummaging around in the boot to ensure all the weapons she'd accumulated earlier were in place, and it gave her hands something to do.

"Megan, I think you need to sit down-" Hobbs took a large step towards the fretting woman. Deckard squaring his shoulders and stepping in front of Hobbs, ready to defend his wife if Hobbs was going to be ordering her around; she wouldn't like it. Also just in case, Megan decided to attack the giant oaf.

"Remember when I asked for you're opinion?" She asked rhetorically, only pausing for an eighth of a second, "Me neither."

Hobbs luckily dropping the subject as he turned to the two siblings and attempted to formulate a plan. Trying his most to ignore the rummaging and banging that was occurring from the car as Megan brought out a sniper scope and began scanning the area with her fawn eyes for a better vantage point. She wanted to have a better look at just what damage the small group had done on their escape. Hence, the reason she was now half jogging, half limping, over to the overgrown building that surrounded the group.

Their eyes watching as one of Megan's hands moved to rest upon her lower back as she slowed to a walk which consisted more of a hobble.

"Shít," Deckard cursed as he raced after Megan. Watching as she sensed him behind her and she stopped, turning into the sun and holding a hand up to shade her eyes from the sun. The light-catching on her well-sculptured body as he reached her side, his large hand instantly finding its way around her waist as they commenced walking in the direction of the stairwell Megan had spotted earlier. The brunette leaning her weight slightly into her husband as she limped, trying her hardest to stop the shooting pain that radiated from her spine and knees.

Taking a deep breath, after Deckard pulling open the rusted fire door, they began a torturous climb up four flights of stairs.

"I hate cardio," Megan panted with gritted teeth as she hauled her legs up the final few steps.

"And I hate it when you do this," Deckard grunted as he moved his arm under her and began almost carrying her to the roof edge. Helping her stumble to the ground where she could catch her breath and look through the scope at the destruction they had caused.

"Bloody hell," she whispered. The scope trailing over the destruction and the swirls of dust that represented the chaos they had implemented, "I'm jealous I didn't get to see it fall," Megan huffed as she looked at the rubble of the once standing sculpture.

Pulling her dry eye from the scope, she turned and leant against Deckards sitting figure as she spoke, "And I hate that you hate that,"

His arm instantly tucking her into his side as she began massaging her knees; trying to eliminate the painful ache in them. Deckard huffing at her stubbornness. It worried him that she was punishing herself throughout all of this.

She hated planes with a passion. Yet she had jumped on numerous ones in the last twenty-four hours. She was constantly in pain from her accident, and here she was bounding around like there was no tomorrow. He knew that she was only doing this because of him. Because she loved him with everything she had, and it killed him that she wasn't putting herself first. That she was willing to suffer through her pains and fears for him. It wasn't fair that she was making sacrifices to make sure she stayed by his side.

But he loved her for it.

"Careful, Dexy," she teased. He could hear the smirk in her tone as they stared out at the haze of dust that was still hanging in the air from the building they had demolished, "I can hear you thinking,"

"Just worrying about you, sweetheart," He chuckled as he saw her nose scrunch up at the pet name. He knew she hated it.

But he knew that she hated it when he fussed over her. Well... he knew she pretended to hate it.

"Well stop it, because I am fine and you need to stop worrying about me," Megan turned into him and placed a kiss against his lips. Resting her forehead against his as they stared into each other's eyes.

"What would I do if I wasn't worried about you?"

"Concentrate on growing some hair?"

Scoffing, he quickly pulled away. Both of them chuckling as he pushed himself to his feet, offering a hand out for his wife to take. Her gentle hands taking his as he helped her stand.

A hiss of agony slipping past her lips at the motion.

"No-" Her eyes widening in horror once she saw the look that crossed Deckards face at her pain.

She was cut off as he quickly had her over his shoulder. Smirking proudly to himself as he began a slow walk back to the others.

"I hate you," Megan grumbled, not putting up a fight as she knew it was futile.

"No you don't," Deckard laughed.