vii.

"I think I like this class." Louis states, looking down at the small Women's Studies book he holds in his hands.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. It's really interesting, and it makes me want to become a feminist."

"Aren't you already a feminist?" I ask him, grabbing the book from him to look at it myself.

"Well, I mean. More of a feminist." Louis shifts around to put his legs on the chair beside his. "This class has a lot of insights, and I like that Miss Strausner is teaching it and not a male teacher."

"Would a male teacher ever really teach a women's studies course though?"

"True. But I like the perspective. Like, it makes me feel like I have a responsibility toward women to respect them." Louis explains himself.

"But don't you have a responsibility to respect everybody? Not just women?"

"That is true. Miss Strausner explained it by like, she said that being a feminist is respecting all human beings."

I think about it, glancing through the Women's Studies book to skim a passage about dating violence. "Have you gotten to the dating violence section yet?"

"Nah, not yet. We're still discussing the history of it all."

"When you get to it, ask your teacher what she thinks about women abusing guys."

"What do you mean?"

"Like, if a girl verbally or physically hurts a guy- do guys still have the responsibility to not fight back?"

"I think guys should be the bigger person in that situation."

"I think if a girl hits a guy, she better full well expect him to hit her back." I state, closing the book.

"True." Louis agrees, catching the book when I toss it back to him. "You should take this course next year."

"I'll think about it. I kind of want to take engineering."

"That would be fun. Lots of work though. Women's Studies is less work, and you learn more, I would say."

"You learn a lot in engineering."

"Yeah, but nothing important. You learn about bridges. Humanity is more important than science."

"Touché."

"Hey, boys." A voice comes from our left, and surprisingly it isn't Harry come to annoy us.

"Hey, Liam." Louis greets our vague friend. (I say 'vague', because we never really talk).

"What are you guys up to?"

"Studying" Louis and I say simultaneously, and Liam grins.

"Sounds disgusting."

"It is." I agree, closing my AP Enviro book.

"Wanna go to town with me? I need to buy something for my girl."

"What do you need to buy?" I ask nosily.

"She wants this dress from Chanel, and she has to meet with teachers all night long, so she asked me to go buy it for her."

"Chanel? Bro, I need to buy shoes for mine and Nick's date tomorrow." Louis speaks up excitedly.

"So wanna come with?"

"Will you drive?" I ask, thinking that I am way too lazy for driving the twenty minutes into town.

"Sure." Liam nods. "The 'rents sent my car over last month, finally. So, I can do that."