xvii.

"I successfully went a week without ripping your cousin's hair out." Louis looks pleased with himself as he takes a bite of his waffle.

"You also didn't jump my brother, and I thank you for that." I say.

"Mhmm." Louis smiles. "Oh, God. These waffles are so good, I'm dead."

"Waffles so delicious they commit murder most..." I wait for it. "Flour."

"Oh, that was so bad dude!" He rolls his eyes, and I laugh.

"You should have gotten strawberries on top." Cutting a piece of my waffle and taking a strawberry with it, I wave my full fork at Louis.

"Wave your food in my face again, and I'll eat it."

"Eat my food, and I'll stab you with this fork."

"Abuse!" Louis says loudly, and the owner of the diner, who had been leaning against the bar top, listening in, shakes her head.

"I called a cab for you boys." She says, coming out from behind the bar. "Bloke said he'll be here in less than an hour."

"Thanks, Aunt Patty."

"I'm going to the other side of the diner now. You boys don't kill yourselves."

"We'll try our best." Louis grins.

"That's what I like to hear!" She muses up his hair, and I can see the flash of homocide in Louis' eyes. My aunt heads to the other side of the diner, out of view, to help her other customers. You know, the ones actually paying for their breakfast.

"Every time." Louis mutters. "Every fucking time. She touches my head or my face."

"Oh, wee lamb."

"Stop belittling me."

"You are little."

"You're smaller than me, you butt!" Louis jabs at his waffles, taking another bite.

"Harry likes it."

"Harry's a giraffe. He likes any attention he can get."

I pretend to cry into my bite of waffle. "Where is the lie?"

-

"How do you get a baby to stop crawling around in circles?"

Louis flips a page in Vogue. "Please don't."

"Nail it's other hand to the floor."

"Niall Horan, we discussed this."

I roll over onto my side. "Discussed what?"

He uncrosses his legs and looks down at me, where I'm currently sprawled out across our luggage. "You aren't supposed to use black humor in public, idiot."

"You like it."

"I most certainly do not."

"You sound like my mom." I roll my eyes. I feel my phone vibrate over and over signaling a call.

"Great, that's what I was going for."

Checking my phone, I see it's Nick. "Hello?"

"Is Louis there?"

"You call my phone, and you don't even want to talk to me." I huff, and Louis gives me a questioning look.

"Just give him the phone."

"Fine, here." I pass my phone to Louis, who takes it with confusion.

"Who is this? Oh! Sorry, babe. It died an hour ago." Louis closes his magazine. "Yeah, I know I could have, but that would have required finding my charger. No, we were delayed."