xviii.

"Apparently the storms have moved west."

"Isn't that a weird way for them to move?"

"Do I look like a fucking meteorologist?" Louis asks me, pulling out his magazine again.

"How many times can you read the same issue?"

"How many naps can you take?"

"I've taken two, thank you very much."

"And yet, we're still on a plane." Louis motions to the business men and women around us.

"Half an hour left, though."

"And thank God, no turbulence."

"Imagine having turbulence though. That would be epic. Everything would shake. It'd be an earthquake in midair."

"You're a freak."

"How rude."

"Ladies and gentlemen," the pilot's voice comes on, and Louis and I look at each other.

"What a timing." I mutter.

"It appears we've hit those storms. Please make sure your seat belts are on. We may experience slight turbulence."

"Yes!" I say, excitedly. "Turbulence!"

"You're a freak!"

"Come on, Lou." I look at him after securing my strap. "This is exciting."

"This is life threatening."

"You're not going to die because of some slight turbulen-" the plane jerks up, and I nearly hit Louis. "Okay, maybe this is a little bit scary."

"You think?!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will stay on our route for the remaining twenty minutes of the flight." The pilot informs us, and people all around shout profanities as they try to wipe up the drinks they spilled.

"Should we put up our seats?" Louis asks, reaching for the recliner.

"Probably." I follow suit and set my seat upright, closing my tray table. "Hey, did they play a movie while I was sleeping?"

The plane shakes again, and Louis nods. "They played that new superhero movie. I wasn't paying attention to it, though."

"Damn, pity I missed it."

"Yeah, such a pity." He says, gripping the arm rests as the plane shakes once more. "Fucking pilot and his idea is keep on course."

"Not even twenty minutes left, Lou."

"I don't think you understand that I really, really do not want to die today."

"You're not going to."

"Are you sure? Because, like," the plane jerks, causing other passengers to begin shouting. "I'm not so fucking sure!"

"I'm sure, Louis." I let go of the arm rest to hold his wrist. "I'm sure."

-

"Holy shit, did you see that?" I ask, pointing toward the window. "That lightning lit up the whole mother fucking sky."

"That's what lightning does, Niall. It lights up."

"I never would have guessed." I deadpan, yanking at my luggage to get it around the stupid corner.

"We have to get my car before we can head back to school. It's only five, so we should get back at a decent time."

"Do you think we should stay at a hotel for the night?" I suggest. "The storm looks a little rough."