x.

Messages           Harry             Details

                                                 Yeet.

    Goddamn it, Niall.

• • •

"You're actually the dumbest person that I have ever had the misfortune of meeting." 

"Don't be mean." I smack Louis, and he looks accosted. 

"I'm Louis Tomlinson. Mean is what I do." 

"But seriously," I point down at my phone and change the conversation back to its original topic. "How did he know it was me? Am I that obvious?" 

"Yes."

"Louis."

"Niall." 

"Louis." I say sharper, glaring at him. "Seriously, man." 

"Niall." Louis mimics me. "Seriously, man."

"You're insufferable." 

"The other day I asked this lady working at Savers if she was pregnant. Turns out she was just fat." Louis pops a Combo into his mouth.

I just stare at him. "You're ignoring me." 

"That's the idea." 

"Hey, Louis!" Turning my head, I watch as Harry makes his way over to our table. Nick makes an annoyed sound beside me, but he doesn't look up from his calculus homework. "Can I sit here?"

"As long as you can deal with Niall being annoying." Louis smirks and looks at me, winking. All I can think is that I'm living on borrowed time. Louis could spill my secret at any moment, and nobody could stop the damned spit fire. 

"I can deal with that, yeah." Harry laughs and sets down his tray. "But Niall isn't that annoying."

"He's—"

"Not as annoying as you complaining about the state of Fendi's designs." I cut him off.

He rolls his eyes. "Nobody likes Fendi's designs, Niall. Nobody." 

"I don't mind them." Harry inputs. "My mom has a lot of their bags." 

"Precisely. They're old lady designs."

"My mom isn't old." Harry defends his mother, and how cute is that. I mean, really. He's the cutest.

"And neither am I, which means I won't be seen dead with a Fendi purse." Louis crumples up his empty bag of Combos. "You could threaten to murder me, and I still wouldn't put one of those things over my shoulder." 

"Anyway," Harry says slowly, trying to change the subject. "We have that history project we have to work on." 

"Oh, yes. You're right." Louis' shoulders slump, and I can tell he's annoyed that his history teacher assigned a large project. I'm thankful I only have an English project, and it's with Nick. That means Nick will probably do a majority of the work, and then I'll just take credit for it. I love working with Grimmy. 

"I figured we could talk about it right now? Like, what we want to do and stuff." Harry ruffles the hair on the back of his head. 

"What is your project on?" I ask. 

"Any historical figure we want." Louis says, and Harry nods along, watching Louis rummage through his bag probably looking for a pencil and his notebook. 

Harry watches him for a good seven seconds before speaking again. "Can we do Princess Diana?" 

Louis looks at him, opening his notebook. "That depends on what you mean by 'do', because I don't think sex is going to get us an A."