The Handsome Teacher

I ate toast as the news was on in my apartment the next morning.

"Another female was found in the streets of Baltimore once again. Twenty-seven-year-old Sarah Tunning was found dead in Grove Park at four A.M this morning. Police don't know the cause of death but the poor girl's name has only been added to the list of young women who have found themselves the victims of the murderer who has been stalking Baltimore these past few months."

The man on TV went on and I left for work.

I didn't care for the murders that have been going on. I live in a safe neighborhood and I drive a car to work.

However, no information has come out about the investigations of these women except that they're all under thirty and very pretty. When I saw Sarah Tunning's picture on TV I couldn't help but see myself. A sickening feeling always came to my stomach when I thought about being overtaken by a man on the streets and not being able to do anything about it. Something inside me told me that I've had the experience before but I couldn't remember ever being taken advantage of by a man.

"Did you hear about the lady who died last night?" Debby asked as she poured herself some coffee in the teachers' lounge as I hugged my own mug of steaming hot chocolate. I nodded sadly. "You better be careful out there, Maggy."

"Well the killings have each been a month apart so enjoy the time you have left with me this month. What about you?"

"I have my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?"

"Yeah, he pretty much is."

"What's his name anyway? Is it Octavian?" I smiled flirtatiously but I really wasn't trying to joke. The name just came to me based on Debby's description of him last night.

"No, his name is Antonio."

"Mm, I forgot that he's Italian."

The bell rang and Antonio's friend came to mind. He wasn't in the teacher's lounge where new teachers usually go. I guessed that he was already in Mrs. Newman's room. I went to my office and did my job until lunch break.

I walked to the lounge with my lunch bag in hand when I turned a sharp corner and accidentally bumped into someone's chest. I say chest because the person was incredibly tall.

"I'm so sorry," I said as I looked up at whoever I'd ran into.

The man and I both caught our breaths.

He had a sharp nose and sharp ears. His lips protruded as if he had something in his mouth. His eyes were purple and he was incredibly pale. His gelled-hair was jet black.

I felt like I should know the man but I couldn't think of anything!
The moment of silence went on far too long. I looked down and the man spoke.

"I'm terribly sorry, Miss." with that he walked around me and went his way. I glanced behind me and couldn't deny the feeling that kept pushing at me! I knew that man! But from where!?

I sat down by Debbie and began to eat my lunch. Who was that man?

"Have you been able to meet the new teacher?" My friend asked before taking a bite of her lettuce rap. I shook my head. "Our rooms are across from each other so I was able to meet him earlier." I just nodded my head. "He's sweet. He kind of reminds me of Antonio but you can definitely see differences."

"Like what?"

"You know what Antonio looks like," I nodded. "Carmichael is actually cuter, and a little taller.

"Carmichael?" I asked. "That name is still in use?"

"Yes, now listen. Today he was wearing a sweater and buttoned up with slacks. I could never see my Antonio wearing that!" Debbie laughed and I smiled. "Oh!" She leaned in to conspire and added, "and he's got kept hair," I rolled my eyes.