Pain Inflicting Daggers

I turned to find Alexandru awake. He sat up in the bed and I ran over to him. He yanked the dagger from his chest and threw it on the ground. I scurried onto the bed with Levi in my arms and Alexandru wrapped his arm around me.

I was crying and I couldn't stop. My husband held the spot where the dagger was and his hand was getting all bloody.

"Someone's in the castle," he said in an odd, raspy tone.

"Gabriel?" I assumed.

"Maybe." The vampire climbed out of bed stiffly and I just sobbed even more.

"Will you be okay?" I asked as I tried to stop crying. The vampire looked at his wound which wasn't healing.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not!" I said lowly. I wanted to scream at him. But I needed him to be okay!

The vampire slipped on a sweater and replaced his pajama pants for slacks. His claw-like feet were bare and I decided to dress out of my own nightgown. Alexandru held onto Levi as I dressed and I couldn't help but watch his ears twitch in all sorts of directions and his nose sniffed every few seconds.

"I'm not catching any hunter's scent."

"Can you smell the others?"

"Yeah, Octavian is still asleep most likely though." I nodded but we both froze as a bloody scream erupted down the hall.

My husband gave me Levi and was out of the room in a second. I ran down the hall with the baby in my arms and for the first time, I wished Levi wasn't with us.

I raced to Ana-Maria's and Lukas's room realizing the sobs that guided me were coming from the blond German woman.

I ran into the couple's room and found Ana-Maria holding a crying Berman in her arms. She saw me and ran towards me.

"Maggy!" She cried. I looked at the bed to find my husband with his fangs in Lukas's wrist. The werewolf's eyes burst open and he took in deep, heavy breaths. Alexandru slumped to the floor and I ran towards him. It was then that I saw a similar dagger that was in Alexandru was on the sheets of Lukas's bed. His bear chest bore a gash like my husband's but it was slowly healing.

"I heard shuffling in the room and awoke only to find that in Lukas!" Ana-Maria sobbed. I helped Alexandru to his feet and I felt like collapsing when he placed all his weight on me. Levi was heavy enough in my arms, but now my other baby was in need of someone to hold him as well.

I guided Alexandru to the bed and tears peaked at my eyes as my husband began to look weak and sick again. He held his heart where the dagger once was and blood stained through the sweater he was wearing. His hand was bloody again.

"Poison, again." He breathlessly sighed. Ana-Maria and Lukas had collided and were hugging each other now. "But it's not the same. It's just a dagger that allows a vampire to feel the pain a human would in the spot that it digs itself into."

"What about Lukas?" I asked.

"Same thing but for a werewolf."

"Why not just ... kill you guys?"

"To at least have a challenge," came a voice from the shadows.

Author's Note: I don't usually give author notes, but this book suddenly got popular as well as the first book (#1 Dracula book!!!!) and I really appreciated those of you who would like an update. I'm only in high school and just had finals. Also, if I focus on one book for a while, then I give it a break and I work on a few of my other writings. So I've been updating those stories as well. But thank you all for your comments and likes. It means a lot. 🤗