Chapter Two

"You're what?" Katniss asked.

"Demigods."Percy repeated. "Our parents-one of them- are a Greek god or goddess. Have you heard of them?"

"No."she shook her head.

"So basically in ancient Greece they had gods who controlled different aspects of life. Poseidon controlled the sea, Zeus-the sky, Athena is skilled in warfare strategy and crafting. Basically the goddess of knowledge. Aphrodite is the goddess of love. Ares the god of war. Hades is the god of the underworld. De-"

"Sorry. She could go on with this forever. There's lots more of them but those are some of the main ones. Poseidon is my dad and Annabeth's mom is Athena." Percy cut me off. I glared at him. He smiled easily back.

"So that's how you're so smart! And why Percy smells like the ocean?" I could practically see the wheels turning in her mind as she tried to process this new information.

"Yes."Percy said simply.

"So you have a human parent also?"

"Yeah. Percy has a mortal mom and I have a mortal dad." I really didn't want to go into depth on my family or anything.

"That is so cool! So do you have powers? Do things chase you around?" She seemed very into this. Maybe she could be a daughter of Ares. Or maybe Athena. Or Apollo.

"Yeah. I can control water. And Annabeth is a genius." Percy held my hand in his and squeezed it gently. I met his eyes.

"What?"I asked him.

"Should I show her?"

"You're being very open with this whole thing." I said frowning a little. I trusted Katniss and all but she could spread the word and that would be bad. Very bad. All of a sudden my mind wandered back to thinking about Luke. He's a son of Hermes. I wondered how he was doing.

"Well you were the one who wanted to tell her!" he exclaimed frustratedly. I put my hand on

his back.

"Okay....okay. Go ahead."I said meeting his eyes. Percy stood up and Katniss watched him with a new gleam in her eyes. Almost like she was deciding whether to trust us or kill us. I was hoping that the first was right. Suddenly, the small creek overflowed and pooled around Percy's feet. He brought some up in a pillar to his hands and laughed at Katniss' surprised look.

"I told you."I said smiling at her. "But you can't tell anyone. Wait......Percy? What about the Mist? She shouldn't be able to see you doing that if the Mist is working. Katniss can you tell me what Percy was doing?"

"Yeah, he made the creek overflow then made the water come up into his hands." She looked at me perplexed."What's this Mist stuff?"