Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I M A N I ' S > POV

~1 month later~

Waking up and looking at the time I groan. The only thing that is getting me up out of the bed is the fact that it is Friday and me and Malique have a date.

He has yet to ask me out yet but I'm okay with that. I still don't know a lot about him. Like why his siblings don't live with him or his mom or dad. Or what he does for a living.

But I mean we've only been talking for a month. I can't expect him to open up to me after only a month of us talking every day.

Mom and my sisters have yet to meet him also. I told him that my mom wants to meet him. He didn't really acknowledge it when I told him. He just shrugged it off. It may have made him uncomfortable considering the fact that we aren't anything serious.

I learned he is a little of a hot head. He gets mad when we are together and someone calls him. He's also very possessive. Even though we are not together he does not allow me to talk to other guys.

That didn't really bother me much because of the fact that I don't talk to anyone anyways. Jake is still trying to get me to go on a date with him. I'm always saved by Malique coming to get through, thank god. I hate when Jake tries to talk to me. He knows why we broke up so I don't really understand why he is still trying to talk to me.

Getting out of the shower I put on a pair of jeans and a hoodie. Grabbing my backpack I go into Lisa's and Mariah's room to wake them up to get ready for school. My phone goes off and I check it and I see a text from Malique. *Good Morning mamas, bring yo sexy self out here.*

Laughing at the text I walk outside and there he is outside of the car waiting on me. I walk over to him and give him a hug wrapping my arms around his neck and his go around my waist. We have also yet to kiss. I don't know if that's bad or not but...

He opens the door for me to get in the car, he does that a lot.

"So I have an outfit for you tonight." we're going to a steakhouse and I was so excited when he asked me out on this date. I kept it cool obviously but in the inside, I was screaming. I am finally able to get my first steak dinner and I wouldn't rather be with anyone else.

"You didn't have to buy me anything. You already taking me to dinner and a steak dinner is already expensive as it is." Malique has a lot of money and I would really like to know how he gets it. Maybe his parents are rich and send him money? I mean it would make sense right? That his parents are rich and he didn't want to live with them anymore along with his siblings so he moved and they respected his decision and now sends him money plus the money that he already gets with the job he won't tell me about.

"It's no big deal, really. I'll give it to you whenever I come and get you from school."

"Okay." I didn't realize that this conversation took up the whole drive to school and that we were already there."

"See you later mamas."

"See you Malique."

+++

"Who is that dude that's always picking you up and dropping you off in the morning." I don't even have to look at the person to know who it is. Why is he even talking to me?

"What do you want Jake?"

"Just trying to have a conversation dang Imani."

"But why?"

"Who's that dude that's always dropping you off in the morning and picking you up in the afternoon?"

"Why are you so nosey?"