Chapter 22

Chapter 22
I M A N I ' S < P O V

~ 3 months later ~

"How are you Imani? You haven't been texting me as much anymore. We haven't been hanging out... are you okay?" Jasmine, my bestfriend ask me.

She's not wrong. I haven't been talking to her, or anyone lately. I've been wanting to be alone. I get enough of Malique everyday. I haven't seen him in 3 days and it's pissing me off. Where the fuck could he possibly be? The fact that he hasn't came home in 3 days can only mean one thing right? That he's cheating.

He wouldn't do that to me though... right? He couldn't not to me. He calls me his wife he wouldn't cheat on me... I hope not.

Whenever we're in public we come off good as ever but in private... that's a whole nother story. He's not the same. All we ever do is argue. He leaves come back drunk as hell and the next morning is when makeup sex happens. It's became a routine and I'm tired of.

I just want everything back. The new/fresh love that we once shared, i want the old Malique back, and more then ever I want my sisters and my mother back. I want to go back home so bad. I want to be able to leave if me and Malique just need a break from each other.

I don't believe that we were ready to move in together when we did. And i'm so bored at the house all the time. I need a job but I can't work in my condition... yea that's right, I'm pregnant.

"Imani. I'm talking to you." right now I am at a cafe with Jasmine getting food and she has been trying to get me to tell her what's wrong this whole time. I finally make eye contact with her.

"I'm pregnant Jas." I say and her jaw drops. I didn't think she would take this well but hey, she needed to know. In 3... 2... 1...

"What the hell is wrong with you Imani!" Jasmine yells and continue her rant. I don't even look at her while she goes off at the mouth. I honestly don't care about what she has to say. There's nothing you can do about it. It happened and now I have the rest of 19 years to deal with this child. A child I don't regret at all.

I have yet to tell Malique. "How long are you? Does Malique know?" Jasmine ask and for the first time since her rant I make eye contact with her.

"I'm 2 months and no, he doesn't know." I say and her mouth drops yet again.

"How the hell do you know your 2 months?" she ask and I shrug

"Wild guess. I took the test 2 months ago but I could be 3... I won't know until I go to my doctors appointment."

"Why doesn't Malique know?" she ask and i roll my eyes."

"Because we haven't been on good terms as of lately. And he hasn't been home in 3 days." I say and she sucks her teeth.

"Do you have any idea of where he could be?" she ask. Oh, she has no idea.

~ 40 minutes later~

I'm really gonna kick his ass. I knew his ass has been at the fucking trap house while I've been home pregnant.

I look in the mirror and adjust my glasses and step out the car. I walk up to the door and walk right on in.

I see Malique smoking on the couch and I roll my eyes. So is this what he's been doing for the past 3 days? Smoking?

I walk over and stand in front of him.

"Awe shit, wifey here." One of the dudes behind me say.

"Malique what the fuck you doing here? You really gonna make me lose my mind." I say and Malique laughs.

"Mamas, What are you doing here?"

"To take your dumbass home. Why the hell you in here with these niggas?" I say and I hear some of them gasp and then start laughing. They really trying it today.

"If y'all don't shut y'all stupid asses up." I say turning my head.

"Aye my nigga, stop fucking looking at her." Malique says and they turn they head and continue to smoke and watch tv.

"Let's go." I grab Maliques arm and push him on his feet.

"Man let me the fuck go girl." He snaps at me and eyes go wide.

"Nigga who you think you talking to." I snap back at him.

"Man whatever, let's go." He says and walks out the door. I follow him outside and unlock the door and he gets into the passenger seat.

"I'm hungry." Malique says and I roll my eyes.

"What you want to eat? You want me to cook or..." what the hell is wrong with me? This nigga ain't been home in 3 days and I'm asking him if he wants me to cook for him. Hell naw.

"Actually, it doesn't matter what you want. You lucky you even eating tonight nigga." I say and Malique rolls his eyes.

"What the fuck that suppose to mean?"

"That yo ass ain't been home in 3 days and you don't deserve anything from me." I snap at him irritated by this whole situation. 

"Baby-" He says but I cut him off

"Don't 'baby' me Malique!" I yell

"Man I really don't know who you are talking to."

I look around as if I'm looking for who he is talking to.

"I believe I am talking to you." I shout back at him.

"Man, nigga shut up."Malique says and closers he eyes.  I know this nigga is not fucking serious. Yea okay, keep that same energy.

When I pull up to the house I look to the side of me and see that Maliques eyes are open.

"Look mamas, I'm sorry." He says and I roll my eyes the tears on the rim of my eyes. I don't even know why I'm so emotional about this right now.

"Really baby I am. I ain't wanna hurt you." He says and I just nod my head and get out the car. He follows me and grabs me by my waist and pulls me into his chest.

"Mamas, just listen to me." He says and the tears just started falling and I literally have no idea why. "Ma, I'm sorry. Why are you crying?" He ask and I shake my head.

"I don't know." I say and cry harder into his chest. He sighs and holds me tighter while rubbing my back.

+++

I wake up to Maliques light snoring. I don't even know how we got into the bedroom. I grab my phone and look at the time. It's 10:47am. I yawn and stretch and get up.

"Mamas." I hear Malique say and I look back and see him feeling around for me. I walk back over there and kiss him on his cheek.

Next thing I know his arms wrap around me and flips me over on my back and him hovering over me.

"So you wasn't sleep. You wanted a reason to get me back over here." I say and he laughs.

"Yep." He says with his nose pushed up against my neck.

He starts kissing and sucking on my neck causing me grown.

"Ughhh, Malique I have something to tell you." I say preparing myself to tell him I'm pregnant.

"Can't it wait." He says going lower kissing my stomach.

"No it can't. I been holding it off long enough." I say and push him off my and he groans.

"Omg, What do you have to tell me Imani that couldn't wait till after." He says with a slight attitude.

"I'm pregnant." I say and his jaw dropped.

*not edited*