Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I M A N I ' S < P O V

~4 months later~

Everything has been so good lately. I figured out a way to balance my sisters and Malique. I told my sisters that I will start coming home after school and I will be with Malique all weekends. That worked out perfect for him because he liked working through the week and getting to spoil me on Fridays and Saturdays.

My graduation was great, along with my birthday. It wasn't really much, it really just consisted of Malique taking all of us out to dinner. Me, him, my sisters and my mom. We had a good time even though mom still doesn't know what he does for a living and still keeps pressuring me to tell her the truth. I told her he was a factory worker and she doesn't believe it. And the fact that Lisa still doesn't very much like him kinda put a damper on the mood but after 10 minutes of it he was able to get them talking.

It is Sunday and I have to work in the morning. I work as a waitress at red lobster. I work 9 to 5 and it's not that bad. I still don't want to do this for the rest if my life though.

"Babe, you ready to take me home?" I ask Malique who is laying next to me watching tv as I'm sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You sure you ready to go home now." he says sitting up from the bed and wrapping his arm around my waist and start kissing on the back of my shoulder to my neck.

"U- uh." I stumbler under my words not wanting to go home just yet. "I mean, I guess I have a little time." I say looking at the time. It's only 6:00. We have time.

Malique pulls me back and hovers over me kissing me. Working his way down leaving no spot of my body untouched.

Were gonna be here for a minute.

+++

"I love you." he says kissing me with every word he said.

"I love you too." I say back pulling his bottom lip through my teeth.

"Now you better stop before I take you again baby." he says seriously and I laugh.

"Yea, I don't time I have to go." I reach over to my phone and the clock reads 8:18. I have 3 missed calls from my mom.

I get up from the bed and Malique slaps my ass making me glare at him as I dial my moms number.

It rings 4 times before she picks up attitude laced all in her voice.

"Hello."

"Hey momma. I am so sorry I didn't answer I was sleep." I say knowing I'm lying and Malique smirking at me.

"Mmhmm. Well anyways you needa come home, some people are here to see you." she says and I can hear the smile on her voice. Who could possibly be here for me.

"Okay, I'll be there in like 20 minutes."

"Okay baby, see you in a minute I love you."

"I love you too." I say and hang up and look at Malique

"What?" he ask

"I needa go." I tell him and he rolls his eyes and gets up from the bed and walks into the bathroom. I follow him into the bathroom. "I know your not mad at me." I say not understanding where this attitude came from all of a sudden.

"I'm not bad. You gotta go. I get it." he says and I just roll my eyes. I'm not about to deal with him and his attitude right now.

I get dress and walk out into the kitchen and search the fridge for some water. I grab a water bottle and get in the cabinet to grab a bag of hot cheetos. I open my water bottle and Malique comes out the room and tells me to hurry up and walks out the door.

Umm... okay.

The car ride back to my house was quiet. I don't even know what's wrong with him honestly. He pulls up to my house and there is a car there. A car I haven't seen in a long ass time.

"No fucking way." I whisper to myself making Malique look at me confused.

"No way what?" he ask but I was already out the door and running into the house. I hear the door shut telling me that Malique was following me. I open the house door and I couldn't help the tears that started streaming down my face I can't fucking believe it.