Chapter 25

Chapter 25

                    I M A N I ' S < P O V

Before words was even said Malique swings his arm back and his fist connect with Devons face. Jasmine jumps up from the couch and immediately starts screaming profanities. I run over to Malique and grab him off of

"Lil nigga ain't I tell you not speak to my girl. That meant you don't come to my house either nigga. You trynna die?" Malique yells.

Jasmine helps Devon up and I mouth sorry to her. She just nods her head and walks out.

"The fuck was he doing here Imani." he yells at me.

"I don't know. Jasmine came by to see the baby and I guess he brought her over here. I tried to tell him to leave. He was leaving when you came in. I swear it."

"You cheating on me?" he ask and I look at him as if he just grew another eyeball. I know this nigga ain't just ask me that stupid shit.

"Naw I ain't cheating on you what the hell."

"Then why the fuck was he here."

"I told you, I don't know." I yell back at him. " But you the one to talk. You come home at any type of the night and get right in the shower before you kiss me. What's up with that." and until then is when I notice.

It brought tears to my eyes. No, he wouldn't.

"Malique, is that a hickey." I say and his eyes widen in fear. I know he wasn't out here cheating on me while I'm stuck in the house with his child.

"Malique, you better start talking." I say on the verge of tears.

He sighs and sits on the couch and puts his face in his hands.

"I fucked up." he says still not looking at me.

"Yea, I see that."

"Was it Keisha?" I ask him and he finally looks at me. Guilt all in his eyes. He just nodded his head yes.

I take a deep breath and bite down on my bottom lip not trying to cry in front of him. I just walk away from him.

"Mamas." I hear him call for me and I keep walking. I walk into the room and slam the door shut and breakdown. How could he do this to me? Was it something I did?

"Babe, open the door." Malique says outside the door trying to get in.

"Stay away from me Malique." I say between sobs.

"Mamas you have no idea how sorry I am." he pleads to me and I laugh.

"If you were sorry you wouldn't have done the shit." I yell at him and next thing you know the door opens. How did he get it open. Awe yea, hes a thug. I roll my eyes internally.

"Mamas get up." Malique walks over to me and tries to pull me up off the floor.

"Don't fucking touch me. Don't ever touch me again." I scream at him and he pulls me into a hug holding me tight. I try to fight him and get out of his hold but he wouldn't let me go.

Eventually I stop fighting him and breakdown once again, into his arms. He holds me tightly never letting me go whispering how sorry he was in my ear.

***

I awake in the bed alone. My eyes are sore. I don't even remember falling asleep. Food fills my nostrils and I get up and go to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and shake my head. My eyes are swollen from all the crying and I feel awful.

I strip out of my clothes and shower.

When I get out the shower I throw on pajama shorts and a tank top. I walk downstairs and go into the kitchen to see Malique feeding Jr. I smile mentally because raley ever do I see Malique interact with his soon. He looks comfortable though. I guess he sensed me staring because he looks up at me and smiles.

"Your up." he says and I nod walking fully into the kitchen. I grab a plate and put the food that Malique cooked. "So your not going to talk to me?" he says and I roll my eyes. Now he knows I ain't finna talk to him.

"Okay then whatever, I'm not doing this with you." he says getting up from the chair and grabbing Jr.

"What do you mean you ain't doing this? I'm not the one who cheated." I state and he mugs me and keeps walking.

Once I finish eating I throw my dish in the sink and continue to wash all the other dishes.

"Mamas, I'm out." malique says to me coming up behind me trying to kiss me. I move my head away from his and he looks at me shock. I know this nigga isn't shocked that I just rejected him. "Wow, really mamas."

"Yes, really nigga. Don't touch me. Your lucky me and my son ain't gone already." I snap at him. He really got me fucked up right now.

"Man don't do that. Use my son against me like that. You ain't going nowhere and that's on you."

"You so sure I won't leave."

"No, honestly I'm not. I'm afraid to walk out that door because I'm afraid that when I come back you won't be here." he says and the tears cloud the rim of my eyes. I don't want to leave, I really don't.

I just look at him and not say anything. I don't know what to say, I can't promise him that I won't go anywhere.

He sighs and puts his hands on his face.

"Mamas, you have no idea how sorry I am. I promise it will never happen again. Just, please don't leave me." he says on the verge of tears. I know this nigga isn't about to cry. Malique doesn't cry. EVER

"You know I love you right? More than anything in the world. You, Jr. you guys are my life. Without you guys, I don't know what I would do." he pours his heart out to me and I'm on the verge of crying again.

"I'm not going anywhere." I say barley above a whisper but Malique hears me and sighs in relief.

"I promise baby, I won't ever do anything like that again." I just nod my head yes. What am I doing.

*not edited*