Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I M A N I ' S > POV

~ 5 months later ~
Malique and I have been together for a little over half a year now. I still have no idea what he does to make his money. I can't check his phone because he never leaves it anywhere. I don't really know how to feel about that though. Should I feel some type of way because he never leaves his phone anywhere.

Anyways, he takes really good care of me. He makes sure my hair stays done, along with my nails. I'm always at his house now. Mom doesn't really like it but she hasn't told me not to go over his house.

"Mamas it's 3:30 and I'm hungry!" Malique yells from the living room.

"I'm almost ready." I yell back as I throw my shoes on.

I walk out the room and into the living room and find Malique texting away on his phone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask walking up to him.

"No one you need to worry about." he says and I roll my eyes. See this is what I'm talking about. He is secretive with his phone. Like I can't even know who he's texting. Actually now that I really think about I wonder why I haven't meet any of his friends. (that's a conversation for another day tho ;) )

"Whatever Que." I roll my eyes and walk out the door to go to the car.

"I know your not mad because I won't tell you who I'm texting." he says following me out the house.

"No Malique I don't care, unlock the damn door." I say getting irritated.

Malique walks up to me and puts his hands on my hips, "You will know everything soon ma, I promise." he says and bends down to kiss me on the forehead.

He unlocks the car door and we go to eat. Not caring that's it's the middle of the day we go to ihop.

+++

Leaving the restaurant we walk to the car with his arm over my shoulder someone comes up to us stopping us from moving.

A crackhead...

"Aye MD you got sum stuff for me?" the crackhead says leaving me looking up at Malique confused. What is he talking about?

"Naw get out of here man." Malique says without technically denying that he does give the crackhead what he wants every so often.

"Come on man, I know you got sum, yo shit the best on the block."

"I said get the fuck outta here you fucking fiend!" Malique yells back at the crackhead making me jump.

"Alright alright." the crackhead says and walks away.

"What was he talking about." I ask afraid of the answer.

"Don't worry about it ma. Lets go." he says trying to pull me to continue walking.

"No Malique." I pull away from him. "We been dating for dang near half a year and I still don't know what you do for a living."

"Cause that ain't your business." he says. Not even gonna lie, that hurt. It isn't my business, but he suppose to be my man, I dang near live with him but it's none of my business...

"How isn't it? You have all this money to spend on me and a nice car but no job."

"Mani, I'm not tryna argue with you right now." he says. 'Mani?' he never calls me my nickname or my real name. He always calls me 'ma' or 'mamas'. What's going on with him?

"You a dealer ain't you?" I accuse him. There's no other explanation for how he has so much money and why he is so secretive with his phone and why I haven't met any of his peoples. That would explain everything.