Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I M A N I ' S > POV

Walking outside to see Malique standing by the car door. He's in black jeans and a white V neck. I don't understand why he would want me all dress up if he wasn't going to wear something like a suit to match. I'm not complaining though. He still looks amazing.

"Hey, you look beautiful," he says as I walk up to him.

"Thank you," I say as he opens the door for me.

The car ride was a comfortable silence for the first 5 minutes before Malique broke it.

"I didn't know you could do your makeup so good." he compliments.

"Yea." I smile as I think back to the past where I learned to do it. "When I was younger and we actually had a little bit of money left over here and there, mom used to buy me makeup and brushes and I use to practice on myself and my little sisters... some of the best moments of my life."

"Awe," Malique says as he puts his hand on my thigh.

In the middle of us talking my phone goes off twice in a matter of 2 minutes.

"Dang who could possibly be texting you?" he laughs and I pull out my phone.

I scan over the messages. It was a text message from my mom and... Jake?

(text messages)

Momma💉🤞🏾🤍
So he can't come
up to the door
like a real
gentleman?

Momma don't start.
I don't know if I
will be back tonight, I
hope that's alright?

Yea sure, that's fine. I trust
you. I love you and be safe.

I love you to, and
don't worry I will.

(end of text messages)

After texting my mother and I text Jake back.

(text messages)

Jake

Hey Mani, I'm really
upset that we couldn't
hangout tonight. I hope
you at least have a good
time even though it's not
with me. I hope we can
hangout soon. ☺️

(end of text messages)

Leaving Jake on read seems like it's the best thing to do at the moment. I don't want Malique to think that I'm not into this date.

Pulling up to the restaurant Malique opens the door for me and I've never seen anything so beautiful. It was very elegant. Stone marble floors with the walls to match. White tablecloth over all the tables. I'm really out of my comfort zone being here. I've never seen anything like this. I've been in the hood all my life. I'm used to Mcdonalds, Burger King, Little Caesars 5 dollar box pizza. As sad as it is I'm okay with it. It's what I like. It's in my comfort zone. But I am glad that I'm here. Especially with Malique. I honestly wouldn't rather be here with anyone else. Not even my sisters or mother. I'm glad Malique is able to take me to my first ever steak dinner. I wouldn't have it any other way.

When we sit down the server ask for our drinks first.

"And what would you like to drink sir?"

"Water." Malique answers so simply. Malique doesn't really drink anything but water. He's not a huge fan of soda. He will drink juice though. Like Welch's juice or something in that nature. But other than that he only drinks water.