Chapter 13

Chapter 13

    I M A N I ' S < P O V

When I walked into my mommas house I didn't expect to see her or him. I haven't seen them in years. I lock eyes with my bestfriend that I still consider my bestfriend even after all these years. Then I lock eyes with him. My first 'love' I guess you can say. Here they are both sitting in front of me. My bestfriend gets up and walks over to me.

"Hey bestie boo." she says and I chuckle at the nickname we gave each other. Tears stream down her face as well as we hug. I've missed her so much.

"Jasmine. I've missed you so much." I say into her shoulder as we hug each other. We are the same height pretty much. She's not even a full inch taller than me.

"I missed you too Imani." She lets go and I look at Devon. He gets up and walks over to him. I couldn't even help it. Everything came back and I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me resting his chin on my head since he was so much taller than me. He hugged me tight while whispering how sorry he is.

I didn't even realize that Malique was watching this whole thing in the doorway until he called my name. I let go of Devon and wipe my eyes before I look at Malique. He looks like he is about to blow up on everyone so I walk over to him and reach for him but he pulls away from me.

"Que." I whisper but he just shakes his head.

"No what?" I ask him. As he continues to shake his head. "I have to talk them." I whisper lower not even sure if he heard me.

"Who are they." he ask looking up at them and I turn around and smile at Jasmine and she smiles back.

"Thats, my bestfriend." I say and look back at him.

"And the nigga." he says not looking at me as him and Devon have a stare down. I take a deep breath before answering not really knowing what to say.

"He's her sister. My first love." I whisper to him and he looks down at me. "You have nothing to worry about I promise. But I really need to speak with them." I assure him. "I'll call you." I promise him.

He looks up to Devon and then back down to me before nodding his head. He wraps one of his arms around my waist and kiss me. "I love you Imani." he says and I say it back. He kisses me one more time before walking out the door. I shut the door behind him and turn around to see everyone looking at me.

"What?" I ask and everyone. They all shake their heads and Jasmine walks back to me and embraces me in a hug.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you Mani." she says to me and I hug her back. "Was that your boyfriend?" she ask me and I smile just thinking about him.

"Yea, that's my boyfriend." I said and she smiles at me and I hear Devon suck his teeth in. "Is there something you got to say?" I say back to him and he rolls his eyes.

"Naw, I ain't got none to say." he said to me and hugs my mom and says bye to her and my sisters. "Bye Imani, I'll see you back at the house Jas." he says and he walks out the house.

"You guys moved back?" I ask Jasmine and she nods smiling at me. "Y'all move back with auntie?" I ask her and she nods again. Her auntie is like my auntie as well. When I tell you me and Jasmine have been friends since birth, I am so serious. But things happen and people move and grow apart. But I will forever love her. No matter what.

+++

"So when am I going to meet you mans boo?" Jasmine ask me. We are now in my room with Mariah and Lisa. I was doing Jasmine's hair and Mariah and Lisa were just sprawled out on my bed watching tv.