53

zayn got to liam's twenty minutes later.

he knew whatever was happening with that toni guy wasn't going to ruin their relationship, it's just discussing what is going down and why it's all coming out now. he didn't mind that liam hasn't told him of past relationships and vice versa, especially since there was someone who had similar looks as him. they had literally just became boyfriends and it wasn't really something to talk about this early. but that's what happens when you're in the spotlight and just one little thing can blow up into a nuisance.

"zayn, hey." liam pecks his lips and lets him in, taking his hand to hold and bring him to his room.

"how you feeling, li?" liam heavily sighed at zayn's question, following zayn with lying on his bed. zayn gets his hand and starts playing with liam's hair, liam's hand then going on zayn's waist and starts caressing his soft skin.

"stressed, i think." zayn furrowed his brows at the answer, "why babe?"

"i just got you. i don't want to lose you." zayn stops playing with his hair and then kisses him. "why on earth would you lose me? over this unnecessary stuff those accounts are creating?"

"i just... toni was always a bit of a hard one to handle, so of course he'd want to start something up to get on my nerves and get some exposure on his part." zayn went back to playing with his hair to relax him, "in our relationship, if you even wanted to call it that, he was very... not clingy but just wanted all the attention on him, you know? i would be talking to somone of my team and he'd get grumpy later saying i wasn't giving him any attention. and then when i was with a well known person who like, was linked to modelling or photography, he'd always be mad that i never introduced him to them or mentioned him because he wanted to get into that industry. i mean, he technically already was, but just not as well known?" liam sighed and continued, "so as you can probably take from that, he was only with me to get the fame. but we never really made it public, which is another reason he'd get annoyed because i guess at that stage i wasn't ready for the world to see me with a guy. now it's all coming back to haunt me."

zayn giggled a little at the last sentence, stroking his hair once more and then pulling liam closer to him. "well doesn't he just sound lovely."

liam made a 'pft' noise and brought his face into zayn's to cuddle closer to him. "it's okay, handsome. the best thing is to ignore it or... i guess you could talk to him?" liam got out of the cuddle and looked to his beautiful boyfriend, confused. "why would i do that? why would you want me to do that?"

"closure, if you want to call it that. you guys should really discuss all that has happened. at least make him like, tell you why he acted like that and stuff. or like, he could have told you straight off the bat what he wanted, you know?"

"mhm, i get what you mean."

"you don't have to of course, if it'll make
you uncomfortable don't. but i think it would be good for the both of you, especially him. even if i don't know the full story of how you ended it."

"it was just finding out that he was using me for fame once he blurted out why he was with me. i- i truly felt a connection with him, even with his moments. because he did have a side of him which i loved, but maybe it was just love and not being in love with him."

zayn caressed liam's face with his thumb, smiling to himself at his handsome boyfriend, something he'll never get tired of saying. because he never knew he'd be in this position, with his being too shy to do anything about it. but he's glad now on how it all turned out.

"what are you smiling about?" liam got him out of his trance, smiling wider (if that was possible) and chuckling as he playfully climbs on top of liam, him making a surprised 'ooft' sound. "i'm just really happy to have someone like you. like, you're my boyfriend and i never would have thought that. you're everything i want and more."

liam smiled back, rubbing his thumbs on zayn's exposed skin. "i'm glad because i obviously feel the same way." zayn squeals when now getting put below with liam now hovering over zayn and leaning down for a passionate kiss.

"i'm already falling for you." liam whispered against his lovers lips after pulling away. liam could see a faint blush on zayn's cheeks and he replied with, "i'm already falling for you, too, and hard. like you seem to be right now." zayn squirms and laughs as liam starts to tickle him everywhere from adding the last statement.

this. this is what liam wanted in his life that he never thought he'd get so soon, and he'd for sure loving every minute of it.