Chapter 11

It is late at night, and Jessie and James are starting to lose hope that they will ever find Scott. For the last several days, the two of them and Meowth have been flying in their Meowth balloon in search of the associate of Brandon with no results. Day by day, they have been searching only to slowly admit to themselves that they have no concrete plan to find Scott. By now, Meowth is the only one devotedly searching through the forest only to turn around and see that Jessie and James are lying down uncaringly.

"Hey, you bozos, wake up!" He shouts. "We gotta keep searchin'!"

"What's the point, Meowth?" Jessie asks with a groan. "We've been searching for days, and we've had no luck."

"We can't give up now! Da boss is counting on us!" Meowth shouts.

"Normally, that would inspire me, but at this point, I'm siding with Jess," James says with droopy eyes. "How would we find this Scott fellow above a forest anyhow? Even if he is around here somewhere, we'll probably miss him with all of these trees."

"We had to find the twerp and his Pikachu in the middle of a forest hundreds of times, and we succeeded whether we meant to or not," Meowth points out. "If we were lucky to constantly find him and his friends even after blasting off nearly a thousand times, then we can find this guy who will lead us to our target."

"That's true. We were pretty lucky to find the twerp and his Pikachu as constantly as we did," Jessie says.

"But at least with them we had years of following them under our belt and who knows where Scott is now," James whines. "For all we know, he could be in any other region but Kanto or got into a fight with Brandon and so angrily got rid of any means to communicate with him in his flying pyramid."

"Will you relax, James?!" Meowth rebukes. "We're going to find him. He can't keep away from us any more than a Spoink can keep away from the ball in its head. You'll see."

"At this point, I think I have a better chance of seeing a Spoink fly," James mumbles.

The trio continues to fly in their balloon in silence with Meowth looking through his binoculars, Jessie eventually looking through her side of the basket to show a hint of effort while James continues to nap. Suddenly, they hear a faint noise, and the trio turns to James' direction in confusion to find electric sparks and water attacks flying.

"Looks like a Pokemon battle nearby," Jessie says.

"Sure does," James says. "Meowth, is it wild Pokemon or are two trainers battling?"

"I can't tell. The trees are covering the commotion," Meowth says, looking through his binoculars.

But as Meowth looks, a cloaked figure is flying through the air. Jessie notices the figure and look in confusion.

"What's that thing?" She asks.

James gets up from his nap and looks at the figure equally confused.

"How strange," he says.

"Do ya think it's a Pokemon?" Meowth asks.

Suddenly, the cloaked figure notices the trio and flies straight toward them. Jessie, James, and Meowth only have a moment to react before the figure flies right through their balloon. The trio scream as they plummet to the ground with a painful crash. They groan in pain before Jessie spontaneously stands up, looking cross.

"Alright, what's the big idea?" She snarls. "I thought we'd be less likely to have our balloon destroyed without the twerp!"

"Yeah, I've had enough with something destroying my face," Meowth growls. "Let's teach that thing some manners!"