Chapter 31

It is early in the morning, and Timothy, Electchu, and Coovers are already awake and eating breakfast at the Pokemon Center's cafeteria. While the trio is eating, the two men are planning their trip to the Seafoam Islands after Serena's contest.

"So from what I researched about our ride, the ferry will reach the Battle Palace in about two weeks," Coovers says. "Hopefully, the second to last Frontier Brain will be back on the mainland instead of somewhere far overseas, because if I had to guess that's where Brandon will most likely be."

"Makes sense to me," Timothy says. "Either way, I still wish there was a way you or your higher-ups at the International Police could contact Brandon, so we didn't have to go through the Battle Frontier."

"Ugh, I know," Coovers groans. "I've been reporting our progress to my superiors every time you win a battle against a Frontier Brain, and while they understand why this is the best way to get to him, they are still growing uneasy about what Team Rocket might be up to. It doesn't help that reports of the crime organization's activities have dropped significantly in the past two months."

Timothy frowns and asks, "So what do they call Cassidy and Brain or whatever his name is trying to kidnap Serena's Absol?"

"Apparently, our adventure at Cycling Road is the most anyone from Team Rocket has done in an attempt to steal other people's Pokemon," Coovers answers. "As far as my superiors are concerned, that just means Giovanni is clearly planning something big with his entire organization, making it all the more likely that he is going to want to do something with Arceus. To make matters worse, my superiors just found out that Giovanni has paid bail for the two crooks we encountered."

"What?!" Timothy exclaims. "But they are members of a crime organization that tried to steal a girl's Pokemon. Bail shouldn't even be a possibility."

"You'd think, but apparently that's how the justice system works here in Kanto," Coovers says. "What's worse is that Cassidy and Bert are one of Giovanni's best people who have done much worse than create an ambush in the middle of the road, and Giovanni has paid their bail several times."

"Ugh, curse the fact that Giovanni is so filthy rich," Timothy grumbles. "I hope you at least got some credit in the eyes of your superiors for catching them."

"I hardly did anything apart from contacting the police with Brock and Serena's help," Coovers points out before he smiles. "Even so, capturing them seemed to help the credibility of our mission from where my superiors are standing."

"Well, that's good to hear for what it's worth," Timothy says. "Still, we can't afford to lose any more time. The moment Serena is done with her contest, we have to race to the dock and sail to the Battle Palace, win my match there, and get to the last Frontier Brain before Brandon as soon as possible. Agreed?"

"Agreed," Coovers says.

"Raichu," Electchu says in agreement while still eating its Pokemon food.

Thus the three of them continue eating in silence for a few minutes until they hear a yawn and turn around to see Ash, Pikachu, Serena, and Brock entering the cafeteria. The honey blonde girl, the young tan-skinned man, and his Pikachu look fully rested while the raven-haired boy still looks half asleep much to his rival's amusement.

"Hey there, sleepyhead. Did you manage to sleep through all the sugar you consumed last night?" Timothy teases.

"I think so," Ash says in a groggy voice as he fills a tray of breakfast food.

"I gotta admit, it's nice to know there's some kind of limit to how much food Ash can consume," Coovers says to Brock, who is also helping himself to the food.