Chapter 81

Lugia lands on the ground near the bridge, and Ash and Serena get off. The two of them only have a moment before they suddenly feel arms wrapping around them and pulling them toward something. They are taken aback until Ash realizes that it's Misty and Max who are hugging him, and Dawn and May are hugging Serena.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're safe," Misty says in relief.

"Me too," Dawn says with a huge sigh. "I don't know what I would have done if my two besties were harmed."

"Me neither," May says.

"Piplup," Piplup chirps behind Dawn.

"Oh, you guys," Serena chortles as she hugs May and Dawn with both arms.

"We're okay, guys," Ash says with a warm smile.

"I'm glad to hear that, Ash," Max says.

"Me too."

The five teenagers turn around to see Timothy, Coovers, Gary, Koga, Agatha, Gary, Electchu, Poliwrath, Odyssey, Shockwave, Looker, and the rest of the International Police walking towards them with Dr. Zager, Butch, Cassidy, and the other Team Rocket scientists and grunts cuffed. While some of the police drag the members of Team Rocket away with two of them carrying an unconscious Agent Basker, Timothy, and Coovers smile as Ash and Serena run over to hug both of them.

"I take it this means the stone is gone?" Timothy asks.

"That's right," Ash says, breaking the hug. "Serena destroyed it."

Serena breaks her hug with Coovers and gives Timothy a nod.

"And I assume you also freed Arceus?" She asks.

Timothy smirks and takes out the Master Ball in his pocket. Gary looks at the man in the "H.A.K." shirt in shock.

"Wait, you mean to tell me that Arceus is in your Pokeball?!" He exclaims.

"That's right," Timothy answers.

"Wow, so you captured Arceus! That's awesome!" Ash says.

"You got that right," Coovers says excitedly. "And I can't wait to see how Timothy uses it in battle. Not to mention all the ladies we'll attract together."

Everyone chuckles at Coovers until Timothy lifts the hand, holding the ball to look at it.

"Actually, Coovers, I already have something in mind that you're not going to like," he says.

Everyone looks at him curiously as he presses the button, making it expand. He then holds it up, and the ball opens with a light blue energy coming out to reveal Arceus. The alpha Pokemon has its eyes closed until it slowly opens them and looks down at Timothy.

"You have released me," it states in a curious tone.

"WHAT?!" Everyone but Timothy screams while Timothy's Pokemon all let out their own calls of shock.

"Timothy, how can you do that?!" Coovers shouts.

"Raichu!" Electchu shouts in agreement.

"Yeah, think about all the Pokemon leagues you can win easily with Arceus," Gary says.

Timothy turns to all of his friends with a smirk and says, "I know, but I don't want to accomplish my dream with a Pokemon as powerful as Arceus. It just wouldn't feel like I've earned my dream that way. I may find another powerful Pokemon worthy of using the Master Ball on someday, but as long as I still have a dream to accomplish with my other Pokemon, it's not going to be someone like Arceus."