Chapter 39

After preparing rooms for the group, Blaine took the group out to dinner. Later, Max and Kirlia started training the psychic-type Pokemon's method of dodging with Ash and Primeape's help. The pig monkey Pokemon kept attacking Kirlia by with all of its fighting moves, but the shorter Pokemon proved to be quick and on its feet, just like with its fight against Magmar. Ash and Max were amazed at how easily Kirlia avoided each attack and began to wonder if it really means that Max should try to evolve it into a Gallade.

The next day, Ash, Brock, and Max sleep soundly in their hotel room as the sun began to shine through their window. Brock lies down on his back while resting peacefully on his bed. His moment of rest is interrupted, however, when he feels a soft finger poking the tip of his nose. The tan-skinned man frowns and moans softly for a moment before he starts snoring quietly again.

"Brooooock," says a soft voice. "Time to get up."

Once again, Brock moans and moves his body to lie down on his side, facing away from the voice. He starts snoring a third time until he feels a pillow hitting him on the head.

"Ah! I'm up. I'm up. I'm up." He says, immediately sitting up.

He rubs his eyes and lets out a long yawn before he checks his surroundings and finds Holly sitting next to him on his bed with a soft smile. Brock stares at her for a moment before he smiles back.

"I must still be dreaming," he says.

Holly giggles quietly before she pinches the tip of Brock's nose and wiggles it playfully.

"Then you're having a wonderful dream," she says.

The two of them chuckle quietly before Brock sees Ash and Max still asleep and the morning sun shining through the window.

"What time is it?" he asks.

"About 8:30," Holly says.

"8:30?" Brock says before he yawns again. "Why are you waking me up so early?"

"Because I want to start the day with you," Holly says, scooting closer to Brock. "Since we weren't able to go anywhere last night because of Max's battle, I want the two of us to start going places right now. Serena let me borrow her tablet for the day, and there's a cute little pastry shop not far from here we can go to for breakfast before we go looking at shops and other places."

Brock frowns slightly and asks, "Not that I don't want that, but shouldn't you be getting ready with your battle with Blaine?"

Holly winces before she quickly brings back her cheerful demeanor.

"I have plenty of time to do that," she says. "Besides, you promised me we would go touring after Max's battle, and it was too late by the time he and Blaine were done. You owe your future girlfriend a day in the town, mister."

Brock looks at Holly skeptically, having caught her wincing at the mention of her upcoming gym battle. He silently decides to let it go for now and smiles brightly.

"Very well. As you wish, my lady," he says.

Holly's smile brightens, and she stands up to face Brock with her hands on her hips.

"Then you better get dressed before Ash and Max wake up," she instructs. "A whole day together awaits."

************************************************************************************

After quietly leaving the hotel before their friends could wake up, the two adults grab bags of doughnuts and cups of coffee at the pastry shop and begin exploring the town. It isn't long before they find the plaza already filled with people crowding the various souvenir shops, so Brock and Holly decide to eat their breakfast sitting down at the fountain in the center of the plaza. After that, Holly takes the tan young man by the hand and starts dragging him from shop to shop.