Chapter 2

Frank Anderson looked through the telescope at the Griffith Observatory examining the stars. He knew ever since he was a young boy that he would grow up to become an astrophysicist. Every night he would look up into the night sky looking at the stars where eventually he could name all of the constellations.

Suddenly, it appeared across his line of sight something flying in the sky but went so fast he thought maybe his mind was playing tricks on him. It was there one moment and gone the next.

"Professor Anderson?" his assistant, Marcus called out. "Professor?"

"What? Yes?" he said, looking up.

"Sorry to interrupt you."

"It's alright."

He looked back at the telescope blinking sitting still for a moment.

"Did you see something?"

"I just thought I did."

He paused again shaking his head dismissing the idea.

Inside the depths of Area 51 General Roberts sat in his office mulling over the latest top secret military briefings. One of his officers, Lt. Colin Baxter, quietly knocked and opened the door a crack.

"Sir, we have a blip on our radar screens."

"Are you sure it's not one of our planes out for a test run?"

"No, sir," he replied solemnly. "It's not."

General Roberts followed him into the big control center that displayed a kaleidoscope of computer screens monitoring a unidentified ship descending from the upper atmosphere.

"It's nothing like we have ever seen before."

"Get me Frank Anderson now."

"Yes sir."

In his office Frank picked up his phone hearing the familiar voice of General Turner at the other end.

"Frank, you need to come here now."

"I thought I saw something in the sky." he replied, "I just thought it was trick of light or my imagination."

"How soon can you get here?"

"I'm already leaving," he said, rising up packing his briefcase.

From the Terran ship a lone officer entered his quarters sitting down at his desk using his encrypted code key to scramble for privacy. He punched in a few numbers and soon an older white haired gentleman dressed in a black jumpsuit appeared on his view screen.

"Is it save to talk?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good, you've made it to Earth?"

"We have. What you expect me to do?"

"Await further instructions. I am not about to let our leaders rot away on a derelict rock for nothing."

"They had such a vision."

"It's unfortunate that they were all caught but it's now up to us to carry on their work."

"Understood."