Chapter 11

From having tapped into street cameras and satellite footage the search was over for the trailer owned by Peter Miller. As soon as they found his location agents from the base went out and found him driving him back in a blacked out van where when they arrived one of the agents covered his head in a dark hood.

He could hear the slide door being opened feeling a hand take his arm walking him somewhere until he could hear the opening of a door and being sat down in a chair. The agent pulled the hood off making him squint at the bright white fluorescent up above. Once his eyes cleared up Peter could see he was in a bare bones nondescript room with a black metal table and two matching chairs. He looked ahead seeing a mirror staring at his reflection looking a little worse for wear.

"Where am I?" he said, rubbing his eyes. "You take me from my trailer park and cover my face up."

"Someone will be with you in just a moment," the agent said.

He sat listening to the quiet looking around dawning on him what he suspected.

Mark entered the room sitting down in front of Peter.

"Mr. Miller we need to have you answer a couple question for us?"

"Before I begin to answer anything I would like to know what I am at."

"If you must know you are in Area 51."

"I knew it!" he said indignantly.

"We already know that you approached Frank Anderson at one of his lectures about your alien obsession."

He knows I was there. Oh crap, he thought.

"We tracked your trailer finding leftover tire tracks left in the desert," he said emphatically. "Care to explain what you were doing out there?"

"Okay, I'll admit it was me," Peter said, raising his hand in defeat. "I know that the military has made contact with extra terrestrials."

"After having searched your trailer we also found a gun that matched the bullet that shot our astrophysicist."

"Is he alright?" he said, appearing concerned.

"He'll live."

Mark stared at him goading him to answer that made Peter sigh. "I had the gun but I didn't mean to fire it."

"Then why did you?"

"I don't know," Peter said, shaking his head confused. "All I knew is that I had to protect the astrophysicist."

From behind the mirror Aiden looked suspiciously seeing all of the tell tale signs. He knocked on the window that made Mark turn his head giving a nod.

"Don't leave this room," he said, standing up. "I will be back."

Mark stepped outside into the next room having seen Aiden watch everything that transpired in the questioning room.

"Is there something you are seeing that I am not?"

"I am wondering if somebody tampered with his mind."

"You mean like brainwashing?"

"There are some Terrans who have the ability to manipulate some minds by adding subliminal thoughts but I would need direct contact to know for sure."

"Alright, if you think it will work."

Mark and Aiden entered the room making Peter take notice recognizing Aiden from the landing area.

"You are one of them!" he exclaimed. "I knew we weren't alone in the universe."

"Hello, my name is Aiden."

Aiden stuck his hand out as a sign that he didn't mean any harm knowing it was a universal sign of peace. Peter shook his hand in return looking dumbfounded.

"Aiden would like to try something that will help us in our questioning."

Suddenly Peter's face turned to one of fear looking from Mark to Aiden.

"Like what?"

"It is completely harmless," Aiden said, reassuringly raising his hands, "I'm just want to have a look inside of your mind to see what you saw."

"Okay."

Aiden placed a hand on the back of his head closing his eyes.

"Think back to the events of the shooting. Who was with you? What did you see?"

Aiden and Mark closed their eyes together where Aiden started to probe his mind seeing scenes of him in his trailer looking at the radar pictures of the Terran ship entering Earth's orbit and the crowd of people and cars in proximity to the ship.

Then he saw him. Kieran. He was shaking hands with Peter introducing him as Sam Ford. Then he saw Kieran standing next to Peter armed with his gun looking on at Frank and himself disembarking from the ship giving Peter the message "You have to protect the astrophysicist."

Aiden opened his eyes again and said, "It's just as I thought. His mind was implanted with a thought."

"Your race can do that?"

"Yes, unfortunately except we banned the practice years ago."

"So what is the reason for it?" Mark said, raising his eyebrows. "Why would one of your people be targeting you?"

Aiden stood silently pondering internally going over in his mind of what Kieran's motive would be coming upon the only answer he could think of but needed to have irrefutable proof.