Chapter 17

The hot midday sun shined down on the desolate and arid landscape. Aiden squinted his eyes after getting out of the truck loaned to him from the Army base. He continued scanning the area seeing nothing but desert. He looked to his right seeing the assassins ship materialize.

"I'm here and I came alone," he bellowed. "Come out here and show yourself."

The ramp to the assassin's ship slowly lowered revealing Anna strapped down in a seat seeing the assassin stepping out.

"Let go of her," Aiden demanded. "She's has nothing to do with this."

"She's my bargaining chip," the assassin replied, smugly. "Not very likely."

"Then let's fight man to man," he said, holding up his hands. "No weapons."

"Alright, and just so it's a fair fight." The assassin threw over a glowing wrist strap to Aiden. "Wrap that around your wrist. It's an inhibitor that will block your abilities." 

As soon as Aiden attached it to his wrist the assassin charged him knocking Aiden to the ground. The assassin was about to wrap his hands around Aiden's neck when he kneed him into the groin hard that made him fall to the side.

Aiden coughed slowly trying to stand up where the assassin swung his leg hitting Aiden's making him kneel back down. The assassin, managing to stand up quickly, wrapped his hands from behind Aiden attempting to strangle him to death.

Anna sat watching in tears feeling helpless to do anything but as she looked she saw the air shimmering which made her stare curiously. The outline of a person stood in front of her shooting a small laser disintegrating her restraints.

"Let's get you out of here," Martin said.

"Martin!"

She took a quick look seeing the assassin's back to her stepping quietly down the ramp and turning around to hide behind the other side of the ship. She crouched down out of view seeing Martin materialize next to her.

"You really think I was going to let Aiden go out here alone?" he questioned smiling.

"But how....?"

He motioned down to his belt around his waist. "Stealth generator."

"Aiden is in serious trouble," she said. "We have to do something now."

"You think after this your employer is going to let you live?" Aiden said exasperated. "You kill me and they will take you out before you even have a chance to collect your tokens."

"I am pretty resourceful."

"Hey buddy!" Martin said, tapping him on the shoulder.

The assassin turned quickly seeing Martin land a big punch knocking him out cold to the ground.

"That's for shooting me earlier!"

"Martin...." Aiden said sighing, shaking his head.

"I know. I know. Before you get all upset that I disobeyed your orders I already freed Anna."

Anna slowly stood up walking forward beginning to run see the coast was clear. She ran up to Aiden wrapping her arms around him happy to see him still safe and alive. Then Aiden ripped off the wrist strap throwing it way off into the distance.

"What do you suppose we do about him?" Martin asked, pointing down. "At some point he's probably going to wake up."

Aiden took a look back at his ship thinking it over in his head.

"I think I got it," he said smiling.

                                                                    ***********

Aiden sat in the driver's seat next to Anna riding shotgun with Martin sitting in the back driving back to the base.

"You think that is enough?" Martin asked. "Just strapping him in and put the ship on auto pilot?"

"Got him off the planet," Aiden said, smirking. "And if I am right whomever sent him is going to want a status report and proof and when he isn't able to produce it they will have their way with him."

Mark and General Turner stepped back outside having seen the truck coming back with both of them looking relieved it was Aiden accompanied by his wife and surprisingly seeing Martin.

"What happened to the assassin?" Mark asked.

"Gone," Aiden replied. "I don't think we will more encounters any time soon now."

"Well congratulations," General Turner exclaimed, shaking Aiden's hand. "Now we can figure out what to do about your people."

In the weeks and months that followed, with the waves of Terran ships arriving, the news spread around the world of the Terrans coming to Earth that was met with both wonder and severe suspicions from various people ; however, they were immigrants too that deserved the same respect like everyone else even if you came from outer space. It was their hope that now they could start over embarking a new life on their ancestral home world.

                                                                           THE END

As Stephen King is in a habit of saying, thank you dear and faithful readers. Be on the lookout in the future for the sequel, "High School Terrans"

10/6/20: Thanks to everyone's support so far for "Terran Homecoming". The sequel is up! 

: < ) Here is the premise.

It has been seven years since the Terran colonization of Earth. The new decision has been handed down to allow Terran students to be integrated into human high schools. Kyle Smith is one of those new Terran students. He knew attending school would be met with fear and animosity. However, as him and his friends try to adjust to high school life a looming secret force threatens to ruin everything they are trying to build creating danger for Terrans and humans alike.

 However, as him and his friends try to adjust to high school life a looming secret force threatens to ruin everything they are trying to build creating danger for Terrans and humans alike