Chapter 13

After arriving back on Earth Martin was taken to Area 51 where he was greeted at the front entrance by a tall and athletic pony tailed blonde wearing dark dress slacks and a white blouse.

"I'm Agent Walker," she said, shaking his hand. "I am here to assist in the investigation."

"Thanks," he said smiling.

They both hopped in a dark sedan with tinted windows riding out pass the gates.

"From what you sent back to us he was taking money out of an ATM at a bank?"

"That's right," he said. "Though we couldn't tell which one. You have so many."

"Based on the screen shot from the background it's First National."

"Nice work."

"Thank you," she said, glancing his way.

She every so often took on a quizzical look looking his way.

"Something else on your mind?"

"You mean you can't read it?"

"No, I can," Martin said, laughing. "But I don't without someone's permission. It's not how we do things."

"It's just that you are the most human looking alien I have ever seen."

"As far back as my people go on Earth we just might be related."

They both laughed pulling up to the bank and got out heading inside. Once inside they approached a teller where Agent Walker showed her badge and explained the situation. She asked the teller to go back to looking at the timestamp soon finding Kieran.

"He took out $5000."

"Would that of gotten him far?"

"Somewhat," she said. "You know him better. Where would of he gone next?"

"He would of wanted to lie low unnoticed."

"There is a motel that is right up the street."

Martin and Agent Walker walked inside of the front office seeing Mrs. Rogers sitting next to Thomas in a clean pair of clothes.

"I have no idea what happened, honey," Thomas said, "I just woke up in the trunk of the car."

From asking the clerk Agent Walker flashed Kieran's photo on her cell phone where he said he never saw him before.

"It's like my mind went blank for a while," Thomas said.

From that Martin ears perked up overhearing Thomas' conversation with his wife.

"Forgive me," Martin said, stepping forward. "You said you had a blackout?"

"Yeah, one minute I was driving out on the highway and the next I woke up in the trunk of my car at this place."

"Are you alright?" Agent Walker asked, "Do you need any medical treatment?"

"No, I'm alright."

"Could I have your names?"

As Agent Walker intently wrote down asking their names and more questions about his whereabouts, Martin stepped back out looking at the row of motel room doors until he saw one that was slightly ajar.

He walked inside finding nothing out of the ordinary; however, when he looked to the floor he could see a small pile of black ash on the carpet. He knelt down rubbing some of it between his fingers seeing Kieran's silver communicator sticking out the edge of the bed. He picked it up seeing it was dead pocketing it in his pants.