Chapter 6

Aiden began to give Frank a guided tour of the ship passing by what appeared to be a type of school room for young students. One of the students floated an apple to his waiting hand.

"Did that boy just float an able to his hand?" Frank asked.

"He did," Aiden said smiling. "Our people possess the ability of telekenesis. We are able to manipulate matter on a subatomic level. We help hone it at a young age."

"But how did it come about?"

"The first people ever to colonize Terra over time worked together focusing on mental awareness that built up over time from one generation to the next until we innately began showing signs of what you are seeing."

"One prevailing theory is the planet itself due to some form of radiation altered our genetic makeup somehow that made us more than human," Anna said.

"Clearly your ancestors were way more advanced than any of our archeologists have suspected with a ship this size," Frank replied smiling.

"Haha," Aiden said. "Our first ships were a mere fraction of this one."

                                                                                 ***********

After Peter saw from a distance with his his binoculars the ship and what looked to be an official getting on board with the alien and flying off, he immediately pulled out his phone speed dialing his friend Roger.

"Roger, today is the day."

"Day for what?"

"Aliens have landed on Earth."

"Isn't this like the tenth time you tried to confirm a sighting but found out it was nothing?"

"No, I am for real this time," Peter said. "My radar went off like crazy earlier."

"This better not be another one of your hoaxes."

"Trust me, gather everyone. I will send you the GPS. The ship I am sure is going to make a return trip at some point."

From his monitor another loud continuous ping bouncing from the satellite showed a massive shape starting to orbit the Earth. He held out the phone letting Roger listen.

"Is that proof enough for you?"

"Alright, just sit tight."

"Will do."

Peter put down his phone unlocking a storage cabinet that held a basic arsenal of guns. He understood that one could never be too prepared.

                                                                         *************

After having seen the classroom Aiden and Anna led Frank to a room with a large round table.

"Please sit," Aiden said, gesturing to a chair.

Frank sat down where Aiden turned on a 3-D holo projector in the center of the table. Frank saw a planet that looked similar to Earth but the continents were different.

"This is our planet Terra."

The world faded showing scenes of Terra with beautiful landscapes.

"This is how it looked before."

The photos faded showing scenery of dead vegetation and large arid areas of land.

"This is how it looks like now," he said. " In a matter of your months Terra will become uninhabitable no longer able to sustain life. "

Frank had a sobering feeling realizing how serious the Terrans plight was.

"Thank you for showing me," Frank replied. "I understand better now. I'm sure I can present your situation where people will be sympathetic to your cause."

On the flight deck strapped with his stealth generator the rogue Terran officer walked on unnoticed commandeering a personal craft. He got into the pilots seat firing it up immediately switching on the cloaking mode. He lifted his ship up out and flew straight out into the blackness of space guiding himself down to Earth.

He flew over the desert terrain setting the ship down making a mental note of where he parked it and got out.

"So this is Earth?" he said.

He started walking until he found a long deserted paved road walking along side of it. From behind him he could hear a car's engine come whizzing start to slow down approaching him.

"Why are you walking all the way out here?" he asked. "Are you lost?"

"Yeah," the officer said, staring at the driver. "Why don't you give me your vehicle?"

"I will give you my vehicle."

The driver stepped out standing in front of him with a glazed look in his eyes handing him the keys which the officer took looking him over.

"Give me your clothes."

"I can give you my clothes."

The driver started to undress completely until he was just down to his underwear and passed his clothes over.

Before coming to Earth everyone had been briefed on their mission of what they would find on Earth including automobiles. He lifted the handle on the driver's side door and slowly sat in. He turned a switch seeing the windshield wipers go back and forth. He glanced over the rest of the console pressing a button that made the back pop open. He got back out seeing the trunk completely empty.

"Get into the back," he said to the driver pointing.

"I will get into the back."

The driver climbed in laying on his side staring ahead where the officer closed it on him. He quickly changed taking off his suit and changing into ordinary Earth attire. He knew that nobody would know the difference now.

After finding the owners manual in the glove compartment speeding reading it he started driving until he found a building with rectangular boxes outside. He looked up reading the sign that said "Gas and Mini Mart". He remembered that Earthlings use a chemical called petroleum that is made into gas that powers their transportation. He had looked inside the man's wallet seeing he had a few slips of paper with 20 printed on it.

"Money," he said.

He parked and got out walking into the mini mart looking up and down the aisles. Beer. Junk food. Milk. Something called the Lottery.

"I am telling you it's real," a customer said, holding a two six packs of beer in his hand and placing them on the counter. "I am heading there now."

"Aliens?" the clerk said. "You've got to be kidding?"

The officer's ears suddenly perked up overhearing their conversation.

"It's true." he said, handing over his money. "A bunch of us are going to investigate and if something happens will be ready."

"You read too much War of the Worlds."

The clerk just shook his head as the customer picked up his beer and left. The officer followed seeing him get into his own car and start to drive off. He quickly got back into his stolen car beginning to follow him but at a safe distance.