Chapter 7

Aiden had received a communique letting Anna take Frank on a tour for the rest of the ship. He sat down in his office firing up his screen projecting a 3-D image of, Sasha, a member of the Terran High Council.

"Any good news?" Sasha asked.

"We made contact and it has gone well so far."

"Good news," she replied. "I was honestly worried about the mission."

"I met with some of their officials and explained our dilemma," Aiden said. "Any more on the timeline?"

Sasha looked down at one of her data pads pulling up an report on the state of Terra's ecosystem.

"At this rate two more years but after that everything starts really breaking down."

"That doesn't give us much time especially with our population size."

"We have been working for several months already getting transport ships up and running," Sasha said. "It is vital that the migration is successful."

"I understand."

"Good luck on the rest of your mission, Aiden."

"Thanks Sasha."

The 3-D projector blinked out of existence leaving Aiden alone again in his room resting his back against his chair hoping inside that his explanation to Frank was convincing enough. As a member of the Terran Council everyone voted where he became the one to make the journey but he still had severe doubts apprehensive that Earth wasn't ready for such an advance and enlightened people. However, it looked like whatever fears he had were proven wrong once he met Frank.

                                                                                  **************

The one customer from the mini mart made his way reaching a whole group of cars and vans parked together. The officer slowed his car looking out his dusty windshield at the whole group congregating together. From his driver's side window he saw in the distance the landing area where the scout ship had landed.

From one of the big pick up trucks he could see a whole slew of weapons all laid out smiling seeing it as the perfect opportunity except now it was just a matter of getting them to trust him.

He stepped out of the car seeing Ford on one of the big pickups.

"Hey, who are you?!" said a man defensively walking up to him.

"Hello, I'm Matt Ford. U.F.O. enthusiasts," he said smiling, shaking his hand. "My scanners were going off like crazy hours ago."

"Yeah," the man said, looking quizzically.

"Quite a setup you have here," Matt said, looking around.

"We have to be prepared for anything."

Peter was in the middle of talking in a group with others in their make shift stake out as Matt and the other lookout came walking up. Peter looked towards them looking curiously.

"Adam, who's this?" Peter asked.

"This is Matt Ford," he said, motioning to him. "He picked up the same signals from your U.F.O."

"Huh? I thought I knew everyone in the community."

"I am more of an amateur really," Matt said smirking.

"Well about a couple hours ago right over there," he said pointing. "a spaceship landed and suspect it will come back in the same spot."

"And the weapons?"