Chapter 10

He landed in the desert remembering to turn on his ship stealth to avoid detection by the Terrans and the humans. The Terrans wouldn't be able to find him easily unless they were looking for him; however, by that time they would be too late to stop him. He was strictly a gun for hire where himself and others from his group were granted high paying contracts being trained in the art of being discreet and inconspicuous regardless of the environment. They were all humanoid but his eyes had a deep bluish tint to them that was definitely alien.

From out of the back of his hatch his cycle rolled down the ramp that to the outside observer if you were old enough looked similar to one used in a classic science fiction 80's movie. He scrolled thru his data pad that had come equipped with a transmogrification module stopping on a sporty compact motorcycle. He held up his pad that emitted a beam disguising his cycle into a ordinary Earth bike.

He donned his motorcycle outfit created from the replicator and slid on his black helmet revving up his engine and speeding off. As soon as he was on a highway he flipped a switch on his homing beacon that would help track him to where the officer from the Terran ship was located.

                                                                                            ************

From aboard the Terran starship Martin investigated the hangar seeing what was missing.

"You know how long this ship that was here has been gone for?" Martin asked a Terran deck officer passing by.

"It was definitely here this morning the last time I looked."

Martin noticed another officer walking up to him. "You said you wanted to see if there was anyone else not accounted for?"

"Yes, is there?"

"Officer Kieran is missing," he replied. "He was supposed to report to duty but never showed up."

"I want to check out his quarters," Martin said, motioning his hand. "Lead the way."

Martin and the other officer stood in front of Kieran's door seeing it was locked.

"Override code 223."

Kieran's door slid open revealing his quarters that did hold a whole lot inside. Plant. Few data pads. Martin centered in on his desk sitting down pulling up Kieran's computer screen but finding it was password protected.

"Bring a tech down here," he said, looking up at the accompanied officer. "I need to see what he is hiding."

                                                                                            ***********

Aiden and the national security agent stood in front a bevy of monitors.

"Run the name Peter Miller through the database," the agent said to a computer officer sitting in front of a screen. The screens came alive soon showing Peter Miller's driver's license.

"He also has a trailer registered in his name and found his license plate number."

"If he is our shooter that will make the General happy."

Aiden's communicator that made Aiden stepped away seeing Martin appear.

"You have anything for me?"

"Plenty, I checked out the hanger and saw it was one of our private cruisers and Kieran is missing."

"But why would he be making a trip down here?"

"Maybe he was just curious for himself," Martin said, shaking his head. "I don't know. I checked out his room and saw his computer console is password protected. I am having a tech try to crack it."

"Thanks, that'll at least give me something to tell the people down here."

"Did you find out anything new?" Mark said, seeing Aiden walking back.

"It was one of our officers from our main ship that took a cruiser to the planet."

"But you don't know why yet he came down?"

"No, that is what we looking into right now."

"Good, because I don't have to tell you how tenuous our new relationship is."

"I understand the situation," Aiden replied, appearing serious. "We want to find out just as much as you about what is really going on here."

The assassin found tracking Kieran to the hotel was easy stopping at run down motel where the beacon beeped incessantly. He walked into Kieran's room that made him immediately stand up and take notice.

"So you must be my help?"

He pulled out a sliver compact gun pointing it directly at Kieran.

"Not today," the assassin replied.

"But what about my deal?" Kieran asked defensively, balling up his fists.

"My employer feels you are too much of a liability to be left alive."

"But I am loyal to the cause."

"Sorry, I came here to do a job."

"Why you?!" he said, running at the assassin.

The assassin fired hitting point blank where once Kieran stood he was immediately disintegrated leaving nothing but a mere pile of black ash on the old rusty carpet.