Chapter 14

As soon as Martin and Agent Walker made it back to Area 51 they both privately met with Mark temporarily using the General's office.

"You are telling me that an assassin killed him?" he said concerned, sitting behind the desk." He spoke slowly trying to absorb the news. "Is this assassin still on Earth?"

Agent Walker took a quick glance at Martin who didn't have any answers to give.

"Unknown sir."

"I need some answers," Mark said, staring down Martin. "What does your Captain know? What could be the possible motive?"

"We have one theory," Martin answered.

"What is it?"

Martin paused knowing would likely risk their whole mission but felt it was now necessary.

"Okay, several years ago on our home planet, Terra, we had a uprising. Some Terrans felt they were superior and started to commit severe what you would consider treasonous crimes against the general Terran population."

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely," Agent Walker answered.

"Exactly, but eventually we were able to stop the leaders of the movement and imprison them; however, amongst us there could of still been some believers who supported the cause. Our captain was part of our governing body that put them away."

"So the bullet that hit Frank Anderson was really meant for your captain?"

"Yes, after hearing what Kieran did he was surely one of them but we already know he was answering to someone else."

"And whomever this person used the assassin to shut him up."

Mark sighed leaning back in his chair.

"Before anything else your people will have to find a way to weed him out because no matter what my concern is for the safety of our people otherwise there will be no moving forward with your plan to come to Earth."

"With your permission sir I would like to continue to help with the case."

"If you are sure then go ahead."

"So would you like to see the inside of an alien spaceship?" Martin asked, after they walked back out of the office.

"I would be interested."

Standing on hanger bay Aiden watched Martin's ship fly back inside and land down. The hatch opened seeing Martin and another Earth woman walk out.

"Wait right here," Martin said beside Agent Walker.

Martin walked up to Aiden standing close together off to one side.

"Who's she?" Aiden asked, gently pointing.

"Agent Walker, she was assigned to investigate Kieran. She was with me at the hotel."

"So you definitely saw what was left of Kieran?"

"Yep,"he said, pulling out his communicator and handing to Aiden. "Found this in the room he was staying in. It's dead like I told you."

Aiden looked it over examining it. "Maybe we could find some kind of record. See if we can't get a voice print."

"The head security agent started asking more questions," he said, his face wincing a little. "I had to tell him about what went on years ago. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Aiden replied, sighing in defeat. "Don't know how the council will feel about it but that is up to me."

"He said the only way to move forward is to weed out the assassin. We are going to have to come up with some kind of plan of attack."

                                                                             ***************

The assassin carefully thought it over in his head that at some point Aiden would make contact again with the humans and judging by the nearby military base, Area 51, he knew that would likely be where he would be heading towards.