Chapter 9

Alec POV
Me and Izzy ran outside when we said goodbye to Magnus. We got into the car and I drove to Jace his house.
He was standing in front of his house waiting for us. When he saw my car he ran towards it and I stopped the car to let him in.
He got into the backseat and I drove to Manhatten.
75 minutes later we arrived at my parents house, traffic was hell.
Izzy and Jace alreay jumped out of the car when I didnt even finish parking yet. Izzy and Jace ran to the front door and rang the doorbell, mom opened the door almost immediately. she got tackled into a hug by Izzy and Jace. I parked the car properly and then got out.
"Alec!" Mom said and she ran to me and hugged me. I hugged her tightly
My mom and I always had a great relationship, I told her everything and she was so accepting.
"M-mom are you okay?" I said.
"Yeah, come inside, dad isn't here only Max, me and Draco." Maryse said
Draco was our dog, it was an Australian Stepherd.
My parents got it after I moved out on my 18th. I let out a sigh of relief, I couldn't face my dad, not today.
We got inside and someone ran towards us.
"Alec!" It was Max, Max ran to me and hugged me. Max grew a lot he reached my shoulders now, but what did you expect he was already 13.
I hugged him back.
'H-Hey M-Maxie.' I said with an smile.
"Yeah of course hug Alec first i thought i was your favorite sibling!" Jace said fake offended. I stuck my tongue out to him and I let go of Max and he hugged Jace and Izzy.
"Let's go to the living room." Mom said. We all walked to the living room and I sat down at the couch and immediately Draco jumped on the couch laying his head in my lap.
I never knew why animals loved me so much. I scratched Draco behind his ear. "Izzy, Jace how are you? Still together with Clary, Jace? And you with Simon, Izzy?" Mom asked when Izzy and Jace sat down on the chairs.
They both nodded. "I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed with a smile.
"What about you Alec? Did you find a new lover yet?" She asked carefully.
She knew how hard it was for me to talk about Jake. My mind immediately went to Magnus when mom asked that question. No he is a friend just a friend not a lover. I shook my head but of course Izzy had to ruin it. "So sleeping on top of Magnus on the couch is just what you usually do with friends?" Izzy said with a evil smile.
"Magnus?!" Jace exclaimed surprised and looking real offended this time because I didn't tell him i had crush on magnus, even though i didnt even know what i felt towards him. I blushed.
"I-Izzy!" I said hiding my face.
"Alexander what did I tell you about lying? Now tell me about him." Mom said firmly but she meant it nicely.
"H-He is just a friend m-mom really!" I said still blushing.
"Your face is telling something different." Max said also with an evil smirk and he fist bumped Izzy. I mouthed fuck you to Izzy she only smiled and shrugged. Then I looked down at my lap. "I-I'm not ready f-for a new r-relationship yet." I said softly .
"Max go do your homework, Izzy and Jace will help you." Mom said to Max.
"But I finished my-..." Max started but he got interrupted. "Max! Just do it." She said looking Max firmly in the eyes. He stood up and sighed, Jace and Izzy followed him. Draco also jumped off my lap and followed them.

"Alec, it's okay." She stood up and sat down next to me on the couch. "It's not!" I snapped at her. The second time this day i snapped at someone who i didnt want to snap at
"I-I always let Jake c-control my l-life even w-when he is not h-here." I said and for the second time this day I started crying. Mom put an arm around me. "Alec it's okay." Mom said rubbing circles in my back.
I calmed down a little. "Mom, I n-need to ask you s-something." I pulled back from the hugged and looked her into the eyes.

"Yea honey what's up?" She asked me curiously. "Why d-did you get a-a divorce with D-Dad?"
Now it was my mom's turn to get tears in her eyes. And i knew what was wrong. "D-Did he cheat in y-you?" I asked. She nodded and started crying.
Now I pulled her in a hug. "We were already planning to get a divorce because he abused you, but we didn't do it because of Max.'' She said crying.
"But I got home yesterday and I walked to my room and saw him in bed with another woman. And that was just tge last straw." She said. "Oh mom." I hugged her tighter.