chapter 38

Alec POV
Soccer practice was starting again, my week off was over so now i had to manage band practice on the weekend and most of the evenings, soccer practice on the day AND making time for my friends, family and Magnus.

I was on my way to soccer practice, on my own -Ty and Kit were being picked up by Liam- when i got a call. I picked up not bothering to look who it was and put them on speaker. "Hello?" I said, "Alexander do you know where  my glitter jeans are?" Magnus asked.
"I thought you put in the wash machine?" I said questionly. "Oh yeah your right!" He said through the phone. I arrived and got out grabbing my bag and took my phone off speaker. "Was that the only reason you called?" I asked.
"I miss you." Magnus responded.

"I've just been gone for not even half an hour and you miss me already?" I teased. I walked into the building towards the changing room.
"Can't i miss my boyfriend?" He retorded.
I walked into the changing room.
"You're such a dramaqueen did you know that?" I waved at the others who were inside and mouthed 'Magnus on the phone' towards them and they nodded.
"I know." He responded happily.
"Mags i gotta go i arrived and training is starting soon." I said to Magnus.
"Okay bye Alexander, i love you." He said."Bye, love you." I said and i hung up.

"Awh, our dear Alexander is a actually a sweet baby." Ty teased.
"Shut up Ty." I said and he and Kit snickered. "Also did you know someone recorded your gig from last week and uploaded it on youtube?" Kit said. "The video got a lot of views." He continued. "Good for them." I said, i honestly couldnt care less about that video, Izzy had already told me about it and i liked that people actually liked my singing but i didn't care if it was online or not, people probably on clicked on the video as im already famous.

"Rude." Ty said and he slapped the back of my head. "Owh." I whined.

Practice was quite easy, we just talked about our week off and what we did and of course played soccer. I was actually glad we were done, I was tired and wanted to get a nap before i had to go to band practice.

I dropped Kit and Ty off home and got home and got inside. Magnus had just come home too because he was standing in the hallway taking off his jacket and school.

"Hey." Magnus said with a smile. I flashed him a tired smile and closed the door behind me. He walked up to me and ran his hand through my hair softly. "You tired?" I nodded. I wrapped my arms around his waist pulling him closer to hug him, i took a deep breath while hiding my face in his shoulder, breathing in his calming scent. Magnus chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around my neck.
"You're always clingy when you're  tired." He said. "Shut up, you're ruining the moment." I responded my voice muffled because i was talking into his shoulder.

Eventually i slept around an hour on the couch, Magnus had woken me up because while i was asleep he made lasagna. We ate together in silence.

Band practice couldn't have been worse, Ann was in a bad mood because the person she liked, liked someone else and they started dating. She was jealous and sad that she had gotten rejected but she turned her sadness and jealousy into anger towards us, every mistake the guys and i made was met with an snarky comment or a angry yell about how we should do it. The usual calm, sweet, sarcastic and funny Ann turned into an evil demon.
After the, i think must have been the 9th time Patrick got yelled at by his best friend, he got frustrated, "Calm your fucking tits Ann, i know your angry but stop taking it out on us!" He had semi yelled at her, she looked at him surprised and then she broke down and started crying.
She was so broken at the moment and i felt so sad for her she deserved so much love but i had heard she had trouble with love a lot because no one seemed to like her, or so she had told me when we were out drinking with the band one time.

They were all drunk, except for me as i dont always drink anymore, and the guys were passed out on the table we were sitting at. Ann could handle alcohol pretty good, I've seen her out drink all the guys, but this time she had drunk passed her limit, she was swaying while sitting and playing with her glass. "You know, first time i saw you i thought: 'hey this guy seems nice maybe he could be my new partner.' but then i found out that you were gay and i just let it go. But you really are a great guy and your boyfriend is really great." She had slurred out. "I just don't seem to have luck with dating, I'm pansexual you know, so i should have more luck with dating as i dont care who i date, but no one seems to like me." She said sadly. I had told her this: "Ann you are a great woman really i haven't known you for really long but i can tell you are awesome. Your significant other will come one day. And believe me if i weren't gay i would have wanted to date you." She has smiled at me and layed her head on my shoulder.

But the thing i did know was that Patrick liked her, he had a thing for her and i knew that just by the way he was looking at her. "Ann I'm sorry. " Patrick apologised as he kneeled down next to her. "It's okay." She said while sniffling. "I'm sorry for being an ass to you guys, i didn't mean to take it all out on you." Ann said.
"Maybe we should call it a night." Bat said and everyone agreed.
Patrick and I offered to clean so the others could go home.

"Hey Patrick can i ask you something?" I said while picking up plastic wrappers of sweets and cookies Patrick and Bat had been eating. "Yeah what's up?" He asked while he sweeped the floor with a broom. "You like Ann right?" I said, and he looked surprised. "Yeah I guess, i don't know." He responded. "I noticed by the way yoi look at her, i haven't known you guys for long but it's just so obvious by the way you look at her." I said and Patrick smiled. "Yeah you're  right." He responded and the room fell silent. I drove Patrick home and when i got to his house he got out he kept the car door open and looked at me.

"Alec?" Patrick said softly. "Yes?" I responded. "Thank you." He said softly again. "You're welcome." I said with a small smile. He closed the car door and got into his house. I took a deep breath and i drove home.

I got inside and was greeted by a huge dog. "Draco?" I said and i made my way to the living room where i found my mom, Max and Magnus. "Hey you're home early!" Magnus said with smile. "Yeah Ann wasn't feeling that great so we called it a night early." I said and i walked over to my mom to give her a hug. "Hey mom." I said and she smiled and run her hand through my hair. "Your hair is getting long you should cut it again." She said with a smile while she moved my hair away from my forehead and kissed me there softly. "Magnus likes it long." I mumbled softly for her to hear, she smiled. "You should still cut it though." She whispered back softly.
I pulled away from her with a nod and greeted Max with a hug too.
"What are you guys doing here anyway?" I asked as I sat down on the couch. "I just wanted to see my boys  can't i?" Mom answered and I smiled. The rest of the evening we talked, just talked and Magnus and i went to bed happily.

Next morning went the same as yesterday, soccer practice, just having fun with the team. We were allowed to go home early as it was starting to rain so i was driving back home at 3pm dripping wet. When i arrived home i went straight for the shower and let the warm water trickle down my skin. Just when i had put on sweatpants and a tanktop the doorbell rang. With towel around my neck, to catch the water that was dripping from my wet hair, i walked to the front door. "He--." When i opened the door i froze, the person was dripping wet from the rain but i recognised him. Why was he here?

Why was Jake here?