chapter 39

Alec POV
"Jake." I said angrily and i wanted to close the door but he put his hand against it.
"I'm not Jake." He said and i looked at him more closely. He was right, this guy had brown hair slightly darker then Jake's and hazel eyes, Jake has grey eyes and he was also shorter than Jake
"Who are you?" I asked softly. "I'm Jake's brother, Lance." He responded.
"You're Jake's boyfriend right?" He asked. "Ex-boyfriend, i never knew Jake had a brother." I responded. Why did this Lance still think i was Jake's boyfriend? "Oh I'm sorry, i thought you guys were still together." Lance said. "He doesn't talk much about himself. Did you even know he had family?" He asked me and he immediately continued. "Can i come in? I just want to talk." Lance asked. I looked at him closely scanning his eyes for anything evil, i didnt have a bad gut feeling about him either, he was genuine. "Sure, but i have to call someone before we talk." I said and he nodded. "Alright." I let him in and i immediately walked to the bathroom to get him a towel. "Dry yourself and sit down in kitchen while i call." I gave him the towel and he nodded. "Okay thanks."
I almost ran to my bedroom and dialed Magnus' number. He didnt pick up but i left him a message.
'Mags something weird happened Jake's brother is now in our kitchen and he wants to talk i didn't tell him about you but i wanted you to know, im gonna be fine though.'
I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the kitchen where Lance as sitting. "You want something to drink?" I asked him. "Tea please." Lance answered.

It was weird to sit at the table with a guy that looked almost identical to the guy that abused me but he seemed a lot nicer and truthful than Jake.
"Well so you're Jake's brother i really didnt know he had a brother." I said and Lance sipped his tea. "He also has 2 sister, but he doesn't talk about us, his family, we didn't have the closest relationship." Lance responded.
"Oh that must suck." I answered but it wasn't really truthful, i think the family probably is better off without him. "No, he was an asshole." Lance said seriously. "That's true." I mumbled.

"How did you get to know Jake?" Lance asked. "My sister introduced me to him and he seemed like a really nice person but he ended up being a dick and an abuser." I responded, it still hurts to talk about it but it was easier now that i was in a healthy relationship. "He abused you?" Lance said not even shocked. "Yeah, physically, emotionally, sometimes he would force me into having sex with him when i didnt want to." I said, and Lance put his cup on the table with such force that i was scared for a second that the cup would break. "That motherfucker!" Lance said. I stared at him, he wasn't shocked that he abused me but rape was something worse right? "You were in love with him weren't you?" Lance said calmly this time. "Y-yeah." I stuttered out.

It was silent for a little and he sighed softly. "You're scared of him right? That's why you closed the door immediately when you thought i was Jake." Lance pointed out and i nodded not trusting my own voice now. 
"I think you will be glad to hear that there is no reason to be scared anymore."
"What do you me--." I was interrupted by the front doot opening with such a force that it banged against the wall, two people walked straight to the kitchen, one just casually closing the door and walking to the kitchen
Izzy tackled Lance from his chair which he was sitting on and she pinned him to the ground.
"Izzy!" I said as i stood up, Magnus who had just walked into the kitchen sighed loudly as he looked to Izzy pinning the guy to the ground and Jace standing next to them with his arm crossed looking at the guy on the ground.

"Isabelle, i told you he just wanted to talk let the poor guy go." Magnus sighed. She got off him and Magnus shoved Jace and izzy to the side and helped Lance up who looked shock. "Sorry for that, she's a little overprotective over Alec after what happened with Jake." Magnus apologised. "I understand but im not here to hurt anyone. I was just talking with Alec. I'm Lance" Lance said and he sat down again. "I'm Magnus, Alec's boyfriend." Magnus said and i couldnt help but smile at his words."You didn't have to come and especially, you shouldnt have brought them." I said pointing at my brother and sister. "Rude Alec!" Jace said. "They read the message before i did so didnt have much of a choice." Magnus responded. "Lance these two are my brother and sister Jace and Izzy." I said and he nodded at them.