chapter 44

Alec POV
After dinner it happened, we went to the livingroom and sang some Christmas songs while Simon played the piano, Izzy nudged me and told me to switch with him so i would play the piano, she also requested me to play 'all i want for Christmas is you', so i started the chords and she kneeled down and grabbed his hand. Simon had literally no idea what was happening until she finished her sappy speech and she had finally asked him the question. "Simon Lewis, will you marry me?" She asked and he of course said yes. They hugged and shared a kiss and then it was Jace turn.

Clary turned to Jace to hug him because she was so happy for her friends, but Jace was kneeled down and she gasped. "Clary i lo-.." Jace started but she interrupted. "YES." She screeched and she kneeled down in front of him and hugged him. Mom turned to me and Magnus hopefully with happy tears in her eyes. "No we're not marrying yet Maryse, we're not even together for a year." Magnus said and i nodded. "Awh i always thought you would be the first to marry Alec." Mom said with a smile. "Mom!" I said and she smiled even brighter. She hugged both of the now engaged couples at the same time. Magnus put an arm around my shoulder and pulled me against his chest. Then Clary walked up to me smiling brightly. "You knew right?" She asked. "When you asked me i only knew Izzy wanted to propose to Simon, i didn't know about Jace but i had my suspections, after you came to my room he told me." Clary smiled and hugged me. After she hugged me she hugged Magnus. Eventually everyone calmed and we talked for a little while. The others soon went upstairs and Magnus, Izzy, Simon and I stayed in the livingroom. "Hey how about you guys give us a mini concert?" Izzy suggested at Simon and me. "Uuh i dont know Iz." I said but Simon put his hand down on my shoulder. "Awh come on, I'll sing with you." He said. "Fine! One song." I said putting my pointer finger up. I stood up and leaned against the piano, Simon sat down at the piano and looked over me. "What song?" He whispered. "Something good." I mumbled back and he grinned and nodded.

Simon began playing the intro of 'This is me'. (You guys know the drill click on the video at the top:))

"I'm not a stranger to the dark." Simon sang.  "Hide away, they say, 'Cause we don't want your broken parts." Simon ushered for me to sing the next part

"I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars. Run away, they say. No one'll love you as you are." I sang and Magnus smiled at me while leaning his head on Izzy's shoulder.

"But I won't let them break me down to dust, I know that there's a place for us." I sang while smiling.

"For we are glorious." Simon and i sang together

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down." Simon sang.
"I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out." I sang.
"I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me." We sang together.

"Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum." Simon sang while looking at Izzy.

"I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me." I sang.

We sang the song together, i sang the high notes at the end, and even Izzy and Magnus joined eventually.
I smiled at Magnus when we finished the song and he smiled back.

Izzy yawned and said good night, Simon followed so Magnus and I were left alone. I hugged Magnus and he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly while leaning his forehead on my shoulder. I ran my hand through his hair. I glanced at the clock that was hanging above the TV, 12:05am. "Merry Christmas Magnus." I said while i kissed the top of his head.
"Meery Christmas Alexander." He responded when he looked up at me. We stared into each others eyes not daring to break eye contact. His yellow green eyes gleamed with happiness. For a second his eyes darted to my lips and i smiled before i leant in to kiss him on the lips softly.